Saturday, December 1, 2012

TIME FOR SOME FOOTBALL PICKS!!
 Because I didn't have time to do them yesterday.  But--no time like the present.  And last week: ; I  I was 10-5-2; I am now 88-85-6 for the season; yay!

NFL PICKS

Pittsburgh at BALTIMORE (off the board--due to Steeler injuries).  My pick:  RAVENS.  No line on this one; I'd certainly go with the Ravens here; Charlie Batch as the Steeler QB just isn't the answer.

BUFFALO 6 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  JAGUARS.  Chad Henne has given the Jags a spark.  The Bills can't quite put things together.

Carolina 3 over KANSAS CITY.  My pick;  PANTHERS.  Cam Newton seems to be getting things together some; he had a big week last week.  And the Chiefs just can't score.

CHICAGO 3.5 over Seattle.  My pick;  BEARS.  Because Jay Cutler is back, and playing well.  And the Seahawks have not been a good road team.

Cincinnati 2 over SAN DIEGO.  My pick:  BENGALS.  This one is actually a tough pick.  The Bengals seem to have all the advantages here--they come in winners of 3 in a row; while the Chargers are reeling, having lost several tough games in a row, and there are huge distractions--Charger head coach Norv Turner likely won't survive the season.  But the Chargers still have talent.  The Bengals have at times struggled this year in games like this.  Are they finally over the hump?  My bet:  yes.

DALLAS 10 over Philadelphia.  My pick:  EAGLES.  Not, this time, to win; Dallas will win this game.  But the Cowboys, again, have defensive issues, they haven't played consistent football yet this year; they couldn't cover the spread at home vs either the Browns or Redskins; why would they cover it this time?

DENVER 7 over Tampa Bay.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  I respect Josh Freeman and the Bucs and what they've done.  But the Buc secondary is suspect; look for Peyton Manning to exploit it and score points.

DETROIT 4.5  over Indianapolis.  My pick:  COLTS.  I suspect that tough loss at home against the Texans on Thanksgiving will hurt Detroit's spirit.  And the Colts find ways to win.

GREEN BAY 8.5 over Minnesota.  My pick:  VIKINGS.  Not to win; but I suspect Adrian Peterson will be able to run the ball vs that Packer defense (which has injuries), and keep this game close.

Houston 6 over TENNESSEE.  My pick:  TEXANS.  I expect the Texans to score points; the Titans won't be able to keep up.

New England 7.5 over MIAMI.  My pick: PATRIOTS.  They're hot; again, I respect what Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins have been able to do this season, but I don't think the Dolphins will be able to keep up with the Pats and Tom Brady.

NY JETS 4.5 over Arizona.  My pick:  JETS.  Because right now, the Cardinal offense is in even worse shape than the Jets; especially on the road.

Cleveland at OAKLAND (off the board).  My pick:  BROWNS.  Once again the game is off the board due to various injuries; I just think the Raiders have struggled so much lately, while the Browns have improved...so go with the hotter team.

San Francisco 7 over ST. LOUIS.  My pick:  49ERS.  How can you go against Colin Kaepernick?  :+)  And that Niners defense is playing well.

NY Giants 2.5 over WASHINGTON.  My pick:  GIANTS.  It's a big game; it's late in the season; last week's big win over Green Bay suggested to me that the Giants also have their mojo back.  This time of year is the Giants' time; I think they'll find a way to win over the impressive RGIII.

COLLEGE PICK

Alabama 7 over Georgia (SEC Championship game).  My pick:  BULLDOGS.  I think they'll keep this one close, with 'Bama pulling it out late.  Georgia has lots of weapons...they'll give the Tide a run for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment