Friday, December 28, 2012

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!!

Last week:  9-6-1 record.  That puts me at 118-118-7 for the year--exactly at .500.  Can I get over the mediocrity line????

ATLANTA vs Tampa Bay (off the board).  My pick:  FALCONS.  Atlanta is finishing strong; Tampa Bay--not so much.

BUFFALO 3.5 over NY Jets.  My pick:  BILLS.  Can the Jets QB situation be any more messed up?

Chicago 3 over DETROIT.  My pick:  BEARS.  Chicago still with something to play for; the Lions?  All messed up.

CINCINNATI 2.5 over Baltimore.  My pick:  BENGALS.  They beat the Steelers last week, and banished that ghost (of almost never beating Pittsburgh); now they can banish another one.

DENVER 16 over Kansas City.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  Denver will win, but 16 is too many points.

Green Bay 3 over MINNESOTA.  My pick:  PACKERS.  The Vikings have done a masterful job of hiding Christian Ponder's liabilities.  But you can only do that for so long; Aaron Rodgers will show how valuable a good QB is.

Houston 7 over INDIANAPOLIS.  My pick:  TEXANS.  The Colts are locked into the 5th playoff spot; the Texans seek home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

NEW ENGLAND 10 over Miami.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  At home, Tom Brady and co. will seek to come back strong from last week's clunker win over Jacksonville.

NEW ORLEANS 5 over Carolina.  My pick:  SAINTS.  Drew Brees and co. are finishing strong and with pride.

NY GIANTS 7.5 over Philadelphia.  My pick:  GIANTS.  What has happened to the Giants?  But the Eagles have too many holes.

PITTSBURGH vs Cleveland (off the board).  My pick:  STEELERS.  They have too much pride to lose again to the Browns.

SAN DIEGO vs Oakland (off the board).  My pick:  CHARGERS.  Philip Rivers and co. are finishing strong for Norv Turners; but...it will be too late to help him.

SAN FRANCISCO 16.5 over Arizona.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  The Niners will win; but usually in the NFL, this is too many points.

SEATTLE 10.5 over St. Louis.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  Boy, are the 'Hawks tough at home.

TENNESSEE 4 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  TITANS.  Because someone has to win.

WASHINGTON 3 over Dallas.  My pick:  REDSKINS.  I expect this to be a close, entertaining, hard-fought battle for the division title; but one just has to doubt the ability of the Dallas defense to slow down RGIII and co.

I'll pick some bowl games early next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment