Friday, December 7, 2012

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS
I was unfortunately only 7-9 last week; I am now 95-94-6 for the season.

NFL PICKS

Atlanta 3.5 over CAROLINA.  My pick:  FALCONS.  Atlanta comes off a solid win last week over the Saints last Thursday; they've had plenty of time to rest up and prepare.

BUFFALO 3 over St. Louis.  My pick:  BILLS.  They play well at home.  The Rams had a big win last week vs the Niners; look for them to have a bit of a letdown.

Chicago 3 over MINNESOTA.  My pick:  BEARS.  Both teams are banged up.  But I think the Vikings' injuries--especially to Percy Harvin--hurt more.  And how will Christian Ponder handle the Bears' defense?  Not well.

CINCINNATI 3 over Dallas.  My pick:  BENGALS.  Tony Romo and the Cowboys' offense are clicking better.  Look for this game to be high-scoring.  But the Cowboys have not been able to eliminate their frequent mistakes.  And the Bengals have a big edge on defense.

CLEVELAND 6.5 over Kansas City.  My pick:  BROWNS.  Brandon Weeden continues to make some progress.  Look for the Chiefs to come down from the emotions of last week, and perhaps be flat.

GREEN BAY 7 over Detroit.  My pick:  PACKERS.  The Lions will score, but their defense is banged up and getting beaten down.  Aaron Rodgers seldom shows any mercy.

INDIANAPOLIS 5.5 over Tennessee.  My pick:  COLTS.  Look for Andrew Luck to keep it rolling, especially at home where the Colts have been very tough.

NY GIANTS 5 over New Orleans.  My pick:  GIANTS.  Though the question is--which Giants team will show up?  My guess is that, at home, they'll get their usual December mojo going again.

NY Jets 2.5 over JACKSONVILLE.  My pick:  JAGUARS.  Chad Henne and the Jags had a tough week last week.  But I still think he can spark them.  Mark Sanchez?  It just hasn't happened for him this season for the Jets and I see no signs that it will.

PITTSBURGH vs San Diego (off the board).  My pick:  STEELERS.  Because it now is certain--Big Ben will play.

SAN FRANCISCO 10 over Miami.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  San Fran will win this game in the end.  But I think 10 points is too much; Miami has a good defense, and I'm not completely sold yet on Colin Kaepernick--he makes mistakes.

SEATTLE 10 over Arizona.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  Because they're tough to beat at home anyway, and the Arizona QB situation is horrid.

TAMPA BAY 7.5 over Philadelphia.  My pick:  BUCS.  Kind of a lot of points, but...Philly's defense has many, many issues; Josh Freeman and the Bucs should put up enough points to cover.

WASHINGTON 2.5 over Baltimore.  My pick:  RAVENS.  Who doesn't like RGIII?  He's a wonder.  But--now the pressure is on the "Skins a bit.  The Ravens had a bad week last week; but they're a veteran team, they will come back strong, and they're used to playing in games like this.  I think Joe Flacco will exploit some holes in the Washington defense.  Go with the Ravens here.

NEW ENGLAND 3.5 over Houston.  My pick:  TEXANS.  I just think the Texans are very, very good and can pressure Tom Brady; and I think the Pats have gotten fat off of some bad teams and bad defenses, and have not quite shown the consistency yet that even they would like.  Look for that to show up here, in an excellent matchup.



No comments:

Post a Comment