Tuesday, December 4, 2012

THOUGHT OF THE DAY FOR TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4TH, 2012
Everyone--I'm so busy these days with final exams for the classes I teach that I thought I'd save time...but still throw something out there on the blog...by just doing a simple "thought of the day" for a couple of weeks.  And I thought I'd go back to the Moebius Syndrome Conference held this past July, and just kind of remember it, review it...and remind us of the important things we learned from it.  So here goes:

One thing that sticks with me from this year's conference is the remarkable number of dedicated medical professionals who are involved with Moebius Syndrome--researching it, trying to find out more about it, and involved with it.  At this year's conference I was lucky enough to attend a medical symposium lasting an entire day, in which a number of medical researchers shared the work they are doing concerning Moebius.  It's great stuff; they're dedicated; they're working hard; and more is happening all the time.  It's good to know.  So if they ask you or your family to take part in research, please do so!   And know there are a lot of people trying to help with all of this, both with trying to make it better...and just with helping us deal with Moebius on a day to day basis.

"Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow."---Mary Anne Radamacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment