Saturday, December 15, 2012

FOOTBALL PICKS TIME!!

ATLANTA 1.5 over NY Giants.  My pick:  FALCONS.  They were bad last week vs Carolina.  But they're a good team; and good teams bounce back strong in big games like this.  Go with the Falcons.

CLEVELAND vs Washington (off the board).  My pick:  REDSKINS.  This game is off the board because of doubts as to whether RGIII will play for the 'Skins.  All indications are:  he will.  And therefore I think he'll will Washington to another tough win.

Denver 2.5 over BALTIMORE.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  Because Baltimore's defense is suspect.  And Peyton Manning has a great career record vs the Ravens.

Detroit 6 over ARIZONA.  My pick:  LIONS.  The Lions have struggled, but they can still score. The Cardinals can't.O

Green Bay 3 over CHICAGO.  My pick:  PACKERS.  Two teams going in opposite directions.  The Bears' defense especially has struggled of late; not a good thing when playing the Packers.

HOUSTON 8.5 over Indianapolis.  My pick:  COLTS.  Not to win; but to keep this game close.  The Colts find ways; the Texans' confidence must be a bit shaken after last week's debacle in New England.

\MIAMI 7 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  I take it back; Chad Henne's "spark" of the Jags flickered out real quick.

NEW ENGLAND 5.5 over San Francisco.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  Is anyone playing better than Tom Brady and co.?  And they're almost unbeatable in Foxboro in December.  Colin Kaepernick may be in over his head here.

NEW ORLEANS 3.5 over Tampa Bay.  My pick:  SAINTS.  Because Drew Brees, playing only for pride, still will find a way.

OAKLAND 3 over Kansas City.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  Just a gut feeling.  Oakland's defense is so bad that even the Chiefs can score on them.

Pittsburgh 1.5 over DALLAS.  My pick:  STEELERS.  Big Ben and the Steelers were horrible last week.  But this week presents a must-win situation; and my feeling is the Steelers will bounce back and play much better.  The Cowboys will battle--they always do; but the Steel men will pull this out late.

ST. LOUIS 3 over Minnesota.  My pick:  RAMS.  Jeff Fisher has done an amazing job with the Rams this year.  Adrian Peterson, one suspects, cannot continue to win games by himself with almost no help from his QB, and we'll see that this week.

SAN DIEGO 3 over Carolina.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  Both teams are out of the playoffs.  Which team will be more interested in this one?  My guess is Philip Rivers will want to keep the ball rolling for his team...

Seattle 5 over BUFFALO.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  Once again, that defense prevails.

TENNESSEE 1 over NY Jets.  My pick:  TITANS.  The Jets only have success if they can run the ball down a team's throat, and little else.  My guess is the Titans won't make it so easy this week.

Last week's record--er, ahem; was 5-11.  I am 100-105-6 for the season. Yikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment