Friday, December 21, 2012

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!!

The holiday version!  Let's see how I do this week; I'll keep my reasoning very short, sweet, and pithy. :+)
Last week's record:  9-7.  Record for the year:  109-112-6.

NFL PICKS

Atlanta 3.5 over DETROIT.  My pick:  FALCONS.  Only 3 and 1/2????  Lions in disarray; Falcons heading to the playoffs strong.

GREEN BAY 12.5 over Tennessee.  My pick:  TITANS.  Too many points; Titans can keep it closer.

CAROLINA 8.5 over Oakland.  My pick:  PANTHERS.  Because even out of the playoffs, the Panthers can still bite.

MIAMI 4.5 over Buffalo.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  Buffalo won't be able to stop the run.

PITTSBURGH 3.5 over Cincinnati.  My pick:  STEELERS.  Because Big Ben almost always beats Bengals; Cincy needs to prove they can win a big game like this...but haven't shown evidence of it yet.

New England 14.5 over JACKSONVILLE.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  Usually this would be too many points; but not with Tom Brady and how this offense can get it going.

Indianapolis 7 over KANSAS CITY.  My pick:  COLTS.  Indy has a lot to play for; KC can't score.

DALLAS 3 over New Orleans.  My pick:  SAINTS.  Yes, the Cowboys have come on, but...that defense still has big holes, and Drew Brees, playing with a lot of pride, will score points in this one.

Washington 6.5 over PHILADELPHIA.  My pick:  REDSKINS.  Kirk Cousins, RGIII...both can lead this offense; but this week it's RGIII, back from his injury, and so the 'Skins are in even better shape.

TAMPA BAY 3 over St. Louis.  My pick:  RAMS.  Just a gut feeling; 2 teams coming off highly disappointing weeks...look for Jeff Fisher to get his Rams to respond.

HOUSTON 8 over Minnesota.  My pick:  VIKINGS.  8 just seems like a lot of points here, especially with Adrian Peterson doing his thing...Vikes to keep it close.

DENVER 13 over Cleveland.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  Usually this would be too many points; but not with this Broncos offense and defense clicking, and fighting for home field advantage.

Chicago 5.5 over ARIZONA.  My pick:  BEARS.  They still have something to play for, and surely won't turn it over like the Lions did last weekend.

San Francisco 1 over SEATTLE.  My pick:  49ERS.  A terrific game, should be close...I just think San Francisco has a bit more experience in games like this.

NY JETS 2.5 over San Diego.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  But who knows with these 2 teams?  I just suspect the Chargers were embarrassed last week in their loss and will want to play...while the Jets' offense continues to implode (Greg McElroy is no savior).

No comments:

Post a Comment