Thursday, September 16, 2010

TODAY'S MOEBIUS HERO
Today we hear from Soph, from Australia, who has Moebius Syndrome but has a good attitude:
"...even though my face is asymmetrical, my left eye's dodgy, I can't frown (I guess that means no frown lines...???), raise my eyebrows, roll my eyes, whistle, pucker my lips and my tongue is deformed, I wouldn't have it any other way. Sure, there have been times when I've wondered what it would be like to not have Moebius, why I ended up with this rare condition, but those times are scarce.  We have to accept the things we can't change and focus on the things we can.  I am proud to have Moebius Syndrome. I am proud to live with confidence and be comfortable with myself, cos hey, symmetry is really overrated, and who says a smile has to look 'perfect' or 'normal'. What's 'normal' anyway? If you can't smile with your mouth, smile with your eyes. Smile with your heart. And live each day to the full knowing that we're each dealt our own cards, some of us are just given a tougher hand."

And card players with tough hands still find ways to win.

"It is okay to take [a flood of love] in slowly.  That, I think, is part of the human condition.  We do the best we can according to our circumstances....Or maybe it's not a flood.  Maybe it's more like this:  It comes in bits and pieces, fragments and shards.  These become building blocks that we can use to form our own wholeness and character."--David Roche, THE CHURCH OF 80% SINCERITY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment