Friday, October 19, 2012

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!

Well, last week I outdid myself in being horrid; I was 3-12 in my picks against the spread.  Yikes.  For the year I'm 42-57-3.  Well, let's try it again...

NFL PICKS

SAN FRANCISCO 8 over Seattle. My pick:  NINERS.  The 49ers have lost two games this season.  But each time, they've bounced back strong.  I look for that to happen again in this game; it's just hard to see Seattle and Russell Wilson moving the ball against that defense.

BUFFALO 3.5 over Tennessee.  My pick:  BILLS.  Buffalo bounced back last week against Arizona and played tough.  I'm guessing they'll keep the better mojo going against a Tennessee team that, yes, is coming off a big upset over Pittsburgh, but still has problems.

MINNESOTA 6.5 over Arizona.  My pick:  VIKINGS.  The Cardinals have a good defense, but they just have too many injuries on offense, especially to win on the road in a difficult environment like the Metrodome.

INDIANAPOLIS 2.5 over Cleveland.  My pick:  COLTS.  Rookie QBs tend to be a bit up and down.  Andrew Luck has had his ups; last week was definitely a down in New York against the Jets.  But look for him to bounce back strong here.

HOUSTON 6.5 over Baltimore.  My pick:  TEXANS.  Houston sure stumbled against Green Bay last week.  I suspect adjusting to the loss of Brian Cushing was harder than they thought.  But they've had a week to do so now; and Baltimore is banged up too.

Green Bay 5.5 over ST. LOUIS.  My pick:  PACKERS.  I respect the Rams' defense, but I have a hunch the Pack got back on the right track last week.

Dallas 2 over CAROLINA.  My pick:  COWBOYS.  This one just seems to set up right for the inconsistent Cowboys--Cam Newton has struggled, Carolina's defense is vulnerable, and the Cowboys, with their owner pressuring them this week, telling them he in effect wants to win now, should play desperate.

NY GIANTS 6 over Washington.  My pick:  GIANTS.  I suspect Eli Manning will win out in a high-scoring affair.

New Orleans 2.5 over TAMPA BAY.  My pick:  SAINTS.  I don't know if the Saints are marching in again...towards the playoffs that is...but they did get their ship righted a bit the other week vs the Chargers, it appeared; and I think their firepower will win the day here.

NEW ENGLAND 10.5 over NY Jets.  My pick:  JETS.  This one's complicated.  Somehow, in no way do I see the Patriots actually losing this game at home.  But...but...10 and 1/2 points????  I mean, come on--this Patriots team is a 3-3 team which includes losses to Seattle and Arizona.  They've got their problems.  This Jets' defense can help keep this game close.

OAKLAND 4 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  RAIDERS.  Mainly because they're at home; they're due for a win.

Pittsburgh 1.5 over CINCINNATI.  My pick:  BENGALS.  Yikes.  Both teams have issues--the Steelers with their aging, beat-up, perhaps overrated defense; and the Bengals with their consistency.  But I just have a feeling the Bengals' speed at wide receiver and elsewhere will help them here.

CHICAGO 6 over Detroit.  My pick:  BEARS.  The Bears are rested and healthier than they've been.  The Lions got a much-needed win last week over the Eagles, and are always dangerous.  But--are the Lions' problems fixed?  I dunno; for example, had the Eagles not switched last Sunday to a zone defense in the 4th quarter, going away from what had worked for them for 3 quarters, the Lions might be 1-4.  Hard to go against the Bears at home.

COLLEGE PICK

The way my picks have been going lately, I'm not sure any college team wants me to pick them either, so...today I'll just go with two games:

MICHIGAN vs Michigan State.  My pick:  WOLVERINES.  Michigan has improved; they've lost 4 straight years to State, but I think this year is their time.

LSu vs Texas A&M.  My pick:  TIGERS.  The Aggies have surprised this year with their good start; but I don't think they've faced anything like this LSU defense yet.  I expect LSU to win this game.







No comments:

Post a Comment