Friday, October 12, 2012

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!
Last week I was exactly .500--8-8.  So for the year, I'm 39-45-3.  Time to get back to the break-even mark!

NFL PICKS

Cincinnati 2 over CLEVELAND.  My pick:  BENGALS.  Cincy ran into a tough Miami defense last week (the Dolphins deserve more respect, by the way).  But I think Andy Dalton and co. bounces back strong this week.

NY JETS 3.5 ov.er Indianapolis.  My pick:  COLTS.  The Jets lost a tough one on Monday night; now they have a short week, they still have a ton of injuries on offense, and they face an improving Colts team.  It may soon be Tebow time in NY.

TAMPA BAY 4.5 over Kansas City.  My pick:  BUCCANEERS.  It's a bit of a tough pick, because with Brady Quinn starting this week for KC, you can't be quite sure what effect he'll have; can he give the Chiefs offense a needed jolt?  But my guess is that the Bucs will take care of business at home.

ATLANTA 9 over Oakland.  My pick:  RAIDERS.  Not to win.  But to keep it close.  9 points is a lot; and although they've continued to win, the Falcons have given up some points on D and have been living close to the edge.  Look for that to continue.

BALTIMORE 3.5 over Dallas.  My pick:  RAVENS.  Baltimore was flat last week vs KC, but don't look for that this week.  They should play strong at home; and the Cowboys' offense has struggled.  Baltimore is not a good defense to play when you're scuffling.

PHILADELPHIA 3.5 over Detroit.  My pick:  EAGLES.  I'm a Lions fan, and I'd love to pick them; but I just fear that Detroit's defense won't hold up against Mike Vick and the Eagles' many playmakers.

MIAMI 3.5 over St. Louis.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  But not by much; this should be a hard-hitting game featuring 2 tough defenses (did you see the Rams body-slam the Cardinals around last week?).  Look for Miami at home to have just a little bit the better of it.

New England 3.5 over SEATTLE.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  I respect the Seattle defense a lot.  But Tom Brady will find a way; and Russell Wilson is just a rookie.

ARIZONA 4.5 over Buffalo.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  The Bills have fallen on hard times; they're not a good road team (see last week's demolition at the hands of the Niners).  AZ struggled last week, too; but look for them to get well at home.

WASHINGTON 2.5 over Minnesota.  My pick:  REDSKINS.  It appears RGIII will play; the Vikings have been a pleasant surprise, but remember that Christian Ponder is still a very young QB, and they are prone to erratic play.  I just have a feeling he'll have a down week on the road this time.

SAN FRANCISCO 6.5 over NY Giants.  My pick:  NINERS.  San Fran has played very well at home; they appear right now to be the best team in the NFC.  The Giants' defense has had a few holes.  The Niners just appear to have too much right now.

HOUSTON 3.5 over Green Bay.  My pick:  TEXANS.  Green Bay lost a shocker last week.  I'd be surprised if they didn't come back strong this week.  BUT--Houston looks to me to be the best team right now in the AFC, and they're at home. 

SAN DIEGO 1 over Denver.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  I just think Peyton Manning and the Broncos are coming on...but they're not quite there yet.  The Chargers will come out focused at home.

COLLEGE PICKS

I see two games to focus on:

Oklahoma 3 over Texas.  My pick:  LONGHORNS.  It's in the Cotton Bowl; the Red River rivalry.  Texas has a good offense and a good QB; the Sooners have been a tad inconsistent.  I just have a hunch that it will turn out to be Texas' day; they're due.

LSU 2 over South Carolina.  My pick:  GAMECOCKS.  South Carolina is coming on; last week's demolition of Georgia proved that.  And I just wonder if LSU's offense can score.  They sure didn't against Florida.  Go with Steve Spurrier's bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment