Friday, October 5, 2012

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!
I was 9-7-1 last week; I am now 31-36-3 for the year.  I'm movin' on up.  Unfortunately I'm already 0-1 this week though, as I had Arizona over St. Louis last night,,,while instead the Rams won, 17-3.  Ah well.  On to this week's picks:

NFL PICKS

Atlanta 3 over WASHINGTON.  My pick:  FALCONS.  I think RG3 will help the Redskins score points.  But I think Atlanta will simply score more.

PITTSBURGH 3.5 over Philadelphia.  My pick:  STEELERS.  The Steelers are getting healthy, they must avoid a 1-3 start, and they're at home.  They'll find a way.

Green Bay 7 over INDIANAPOLIS.  My pick:  COLTS.  This is a tough one.  I think the Packers will in the end win this game.  But--the Colts wil play this one for Coach Pagano; they're at home; and I just don't the Packers' offense is clicking on all cylinders.  So I see a close game.

NY GIANTS 8.5 over Cleveland.  My pick:  BROWNS.  Beware of this one; the easy thing to do is to pick the Giants, but the G-men have a horrible history in games like this at home.  So often in the past they don't cover, and for Cleveland Brandon Weeden is improving and the Browns have the weapons to keep this one close.

MINNESOTA 5.5 over Tennessee.  My pick: VIKINGS.  Because the Titans just don't give you enough reason to pick them, especially on the road.  The Vikes meanwhile have played well this year.

CINCINNATI 3.5 over Miami.  My pick:  BENGALS.  They're at home, they have playmakers, and they have momentum.  I think Cincy will score enough to cover this.

Baltimore 6 over KANSAS CITY.  My pick:  RAVENS.  Again, what has KC done to merit picking them?  Matt Cassel is struggling; while the Ravens are rested coming off a bye.

CAROLINA 3 over Seattle.  My pick:  PANTHERS.  I very much respect the Seahawks defense; but it's their offense, led by Russell Wilson, which causes them the most trouble.  Look for Cam Newton to pose problems for Seattle, and for more Seahawks turnovers.

Chicago 5 over JACKSONVILLE.  My pick:  BEARS.  Jacksonville QB Blaine Gabbert at least hasn't thrown too many picks.  But it's largely because the Jags' offense plays it so safe and conservative.  That won't get it done against this Bears defense.

NEW ENGLAND 6.5 over Denver.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  I have the feeling last week's 2nd half steamrolling of the Bills has got the Pats' offense rolling.  Look for it to keep going, and Peyton Manning and the Broncs will score some too but won't be able to keep up.

SAN FRANCISCO 9.5 over Buffalo.  My pick:  BILLS.  Not to win the game.  But to keep it close.  That's a lot of points, and it might be tough for SF to remain as focused as they should.

NEW ORLEANS 3.5 over San Diego.  My pick:  SAINTS.  Like many others, I just think the Saints and Drew Brees are bound to break though.  This will be the week.

Houston 8 over NY JETS.  My pick:  JETS.  Again, not to win.  But beware of this one.  The Jets are at home; everyone's trashing them and loving on Houston; and that can create a classic trap game for the Texans.  The Jets still have players and will be real focused; I think they can at least keep it close.

COLLEGE PICKS

West Virginia 14 over TEXAS.  My pick:  LONGHORNS.  Again, look for 'WVU to score lots of points; but so will Texas, and the 'Horns will at least keep this one close.

OHIO STATE 3.5 over Nebraska.  My pick:  CORNHUSKERS.  Ohio State's been living on the edge the last few weeks, sometimes barely getting by.  I think this week it will come back to bite them; the 'Huskers in an upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment