Friday, October 26, 2012

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!

Last week:  I was 8-6-1; for the year, I'm 50-63-4.  Movin' on up (though every so slowly).

NFL PICKS
I had Tampa Bay upsetting Minnesota last night, so I am already 1-0.

CHICAGO 8 over Carolina.  My pick:  BEARS.  The Bears keep rolling; and it doesn't help Carolina that Cam Newton is in a funk.  Playing the Bears can put you into a deeper one.

DENVER 6 over New Orleans.  My pick:  SAINTS.  A tricky one.  Denver and Peyton Manning are improving; but remember, the inconsistency is still there--they beat San Diego the other week, but only after a bad first half.  Meanwhile, the Saints' offense is humming and can at least keep this one very, very close.

DETROIT 2 over Seattle.  My pick:  LIONS.  But only because the Lions' defense should match up pretty well against a conservative Seattle offense.

GREEN BAY vs Jacksonville.  This game has been off the boards much of the week due to Jaguar injuries.  My pick:  PACKERS.  This should be an easy one for them.

KANSAS CITY 1.5 over Oakland.  My pick:  RAIDERS.  Because KC is even more messed up and injury-riddled on offense than is Oakland.

New England 7 over St. Louis (game played in London).  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  I keep expecting Brady and the Pats to explode offensively; this may be the week.

NY LucGiants 1 over DALLAS.  My pick:  GIANTS.  For Dallas, DeMarco Murray is out, Sean Lee is out...and Eli Manning always plays well in Cowboys Stadium.

NY JETS 2 over Miami.  My pick:  JETS.  The Jets have actually been playing better; they should have won last week in Foxboro.  I think they'll find a way this week at home.

PHILADELPHIA 2.5 over Atlanta.  My pick:  EAGLES.  The Falcons have been just getting by recently; and they could be stale after their bye.  Meanwhile, Andy Reid's teams historically play very well after their bye week--and guess what:  they are just finishing a bye week.

PITTSBURGH 5 over Washington.  My pick:  STEELERS.  Remember, this is doubly tough for the RGIII and the 'Skins--not only did they lose a tough one last weekend, but it was a road game against a divisional foe.  Now they're beat up and have to re-focus against yet another tough opponent in a tough environment.  Go with the men of Steel.

San Diego 2.5 over CLEVELAND.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  Cleveland has shown some improvement; but the Chargers have more talent and should be the more desperate team here.

TENNESSEE 3.5 over Indianapolis.  My pick:  TITANS.  Have you noticed?  Ever since Matt Hasselbeck returned as the Titans' QB, the Tennessee offense has begun to move.  Look for that to continue--and look for Andrew Luck to struggle a bit in a tough road environment.

San Francisco 7 over ARIZONA.  My pick:  NINERS.  AZ is just too beat up to handle this physical SF bunch.

COLLEGE PICKS

Notre Dame at Oklahoma.  My pick:  SOONERS.  I gotta go with the crowd here; I think in a way this is the biggest matchup of the weekend, but ND has just barely been getting by...their offense is shaky...they really can't throw the ball much...and they haven't faced anyone the caliber of OU.  Their run of luck ends here.

Florida vs Georgia. My pick:  BULLDOGS.  Just a hunch.  Everyone is picking Florida; but this is a rivalry game...Georgia has talent...they have nothing to lose...it could be their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment