Saturday, December 5, 2015

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!

Yes, that's right, even though I am actually writing them up on a Saturday! :+)
Let's see how I do:

COLLEGE PICKS

Florida vs Alabama.  My pick:  CRIMSON TIDE.  Don't expect much of a game here.  The Gators have a hard time even getting a first down, much less scoring.

USC vs Stanford.  My pick:  CARDINAL.  Stanford to get revenge from their defeat at the hands of the Trojans earlier this year.  Stanford has real momentum coming out of last week's win vs Notre Dame.

Michigan State vs Iowa.  My pick:  SPARTANS.  I think Iowa has done a remarkable job going undefeated so far.  But MSU has played the tougher schedule and is riding high.

North Carolina vs Clemson. My pick:  TIGERS.  Clemson will have too much speed and firepower.


***************

NFL PICKS

NY Jets vs NY Giants.  My pick:  JETS  17-10.  The Giants can't rush the passer, and can't run the ball consistently.  Meaning:  trouble.

Arizona at St. Louis.  My pick:  CARDINALS  20-16.  Expect a close game here; this is kind of trap game for the Cards on the road against an apparently inferior team.  But expect AZ to pull it out in the end.

Atlanta at Tampa Bay.  My pick:  FALCONS  23-20.  Finally...finally...I see the Falcons stopping their slide.  They have too much talent to keep playing so poorly.

Seattle at Minnesota.  My pick:  VIKINGS  24-20.  The Seahawks will load up the box to try and stop Adrian Peterson, but I'm not sure their defense is any longer good enough to do all it is asked to do.

Houston at Buffalo.  My pick:  TEXANS  19-16.  Houston is on a roll; with a supreme effort from their defense (again), they can stay on one.

Baltimore at Miami.  My pick:  DOLPHINS  24-17.  The key here:  Joe Flacco for the Ravens is out for the rest of the season.

Cincinnati at Cleveland.  My pick:  BENGALS  28-10.  The Bengals will feast on their in-state rival, who have to start Austin Davis at QB.

Jacksonville at Tennessee.  My pick:  JAGUARS  24-21.  The Jags often are so close, yet so far.  This week look for Blake Bortles to make the play they need.

San Francisco at Chicago.  My pick:  BEARS  21-13.  While you weren't looking, the Bears have been playing decent football and are in the thick of the playoff race.

Denver at San Diego.  My pick:  CHARGERS  27-21.  UPSET SPECIAL.  Remember--Brock Osweiler remains inexperienced.  Philip Rivers meanwhile is not, and this is the kind of game where his pinpoint passing can engineer upsets.

Kansas City at Oakland.  My pick:  CHIEFS   20-17.  The Chiefs to stay on a roll.

Carolina at New Orleans.  My pick:  PANTHERS  31-10.  The Saints are a mess.  And don't forget--a key element of the Panthers' success this year is their defense; its toughness was on display last week at Dallas.

Philadelphia at New England.  My pick:  PATRIOTS  35-13.  A breather for the Pats; this Eagles team may be shutting down.

Indianapolis at Pittsburgh.  My pick:  STEELERS  27-24.  Look for the Steelers to prevail here at home vs Matt Hasselbeck, BUT...look for this to be a tight battle.  Hasselbeck has played and is playing very well for the Colts.

Dallas at Washington. My pick:  REDSKINS  24-17.  Kirk Cousins has quietly put together several good games in a row for the 'Skins.  Meanwhile--once again the Cowboys must rely on Matt Cassel.  Hasn't worked out for them yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment