Saturday, October 31, 2015

FOOTBALL PICKS TIME!

Last week's record:  10-3.  Woot!
Record for the year: 69-44.
Here we go!

COLLEGE PICKS

Clemson at N.C. State.  My pick:  TIGERS.  Many people are waiting for undefeated Clemson to fall.  I don't think they will here; they have what you need:  speed!

Notre Dame at Temple.  My pick:  FIGHTING IRISH.  Temple is a great story; they have done a great to be undefeated still.  But--ND will have too many athletes.


NFL PICKS

Detroit vs Kansas City (in London).  My pick:  CHIEFS  24-14.  The Lions' biggest problem:  their offensive line is a mess.  It's not fixed yet...

Tampa Bay at Atlanta.  My pick:  FALCONS  28-14.  Atlanta has struggled a bit lately.  Here's a chance to get back on track at home; I think they will.

Arizona at Cleveland.  My pick:  CARDINALS  26-17.  The only reason to hesitate on this one:  sometimes AZ struggles when they have to come east.  But--the Browns have QB issues, and I think the Cardinals' talent will win out.

San Francisco at St. Louis.  My pick:  RAMS  26-13.  The Niners have struggled horribly in so many ways both at home and on the road.  The Rams played solid last week; there's no reason to think they won't again.

NY Giants at New Orleans.  My pick:  SAINTS  27-24.  The Saints seem to have righted themselves a bit, and Drew Brees is playing well.   I look for the Saints to keep their momentum at home.

Minnesota at Chicago.  My pick:  VIKINGS  20-17.  This is a tough one.  The Bears are rested and at home.  But--I predict a long Adrian Peterson run will make the difference in a close game.

San Diego at Baltimore.  My pick:  RAVENS  27-20.  Hmmm.  Two teams expected to be better than they are meet in a "two teams in trouble" battle.  Hard to pick!  My guess:  Joe Flacco and the Ravens finally find a way to win one; and, given the Chargers' off-field turmoil (will they move?  etc) I get the feeling the Bolts are not in a good place mentally.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh.  My pick:  BENGALS  28-26.  Again, hard to pick; two tough teams...in Pittsburgh...Big Ben to be back.  My gut though says take Cincy--Big Ben might be rusty; meanwhile the Bengals are rested and all their big guns appear to be healthy.

Tennessee at Houston.  My pick:  TEXANS   24-14.  Both teams with big problems.  The key--Houston has Brian Hoyer and he is serviceable, and at home.  Meanwhile, Marcus Mariota is banged up.

NY Jets at Oakland.  My pick:  RAIDERS  17-13.  The Jets are an improved team. But--they are coming off a tough divisional loss to the Patriots on the road.  Now they have to go cross-country; and play an improved Raiders team.  Tough.  Look for Oakland to keep their momentum.

Seattle at Dallas.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS  23-14.  Why?  Because...the Cowboys still don't have Tony Romo.  And they will continue to miss him until he comes back; he makes that much of a difference.

Green Bay at Denver.  My pick:  PACKERS   27-21.  Two good teams; but...the Broncos' offense still isn't where it needs to be yet; and the Pack...well, they have Aaron Rodgers.

Indianapolis at Carolina.  My pick:  PANTHERS.  Time to take this Carolina team seriously.  Meanwhile...the Colts appear to be in kind of a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment