Friday, October 2, 2015

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!

Last week:  record of 12-6; better!  I am 30-22 for the year.
On to this week!

COLLEGE PICKS

Notre Dame at Clemson.  My pick:  TIGERS.  Two good teams, but...note:  ND plays this one on the road, and their only road game so far (Virginia), though a win, wasn't pretty for them.  Clemson to win at home.

Alabama at Georgia.  My pick:  BULLDOGS.  Not a lot of trust in 'Bama's QB situation.

*****************

NFL PICKS

NY Jets at Miami. My pick:  JETS by 3.  A good defense vs a struggling offense; defense usually wins.

Jacksonville at Indianapolis.  My pick:  COLTS by 7.  The Colts still have problems, but they have dominated the Jags for years; here's a chance for them to work out some more kinks.

NY Giants at Buffalo.  My pick:  BILLS by 3.  Tyrod Taylor is turning out to be a good choice for the Bills at QB.

Carolina at Tampa Bay.  My pick:  PANTHERS by 10.  The only way the Bucs can win is to get turnovers (as they did at New Orleans); I don't think Carolina will give them any.

Philadelphia at Washington.  My pick:  EAGLES by 7.  They don't have their offense in sync yet, but you beat the Redskins if you shut down their run game, and Philly has a good defensive front.

Oakland at Chicago.  My pick:  RAIDERS by 5.  This scares me a bit, as traditionally the Raiders have not been good on the east coast, let alone for 2 weeks in a row.  But the Bears have too many problems, and the Raiders are better.

Houston at Atlanta.  My pick:  FALCONS by 12.  J.J. Watt is good, but he can't cover Julio Jones; no one can.

Kansas City at Cincinnati.  My pick:  BENGALS by 8.  Have the Bengals finally turned the corner; are they becoming elite?  Time will tell, but they are playing well and are the stronger team here.

Cleveland at San Diego.  My pick:  CHARGERS by 4.  The Chargers are beat up, but it's hard to see a Browns team that could not win vs Oakland at home going out and beating Philip Rivers in his backyard.

Green Bay at San Francisco.  My pick:  PACKERS by 17.  Need we say much here?  The 49ers are a mess; Aaron Rodgers looks set up to have perhaps his greatest year.

St. Louis at Arizona.  My pick:  CARDINALS by 9.  I think Arizona is absolutely for real; lots of speed and talent.

Minnesota at Denver.  My pick:  BRONCOS by 4.  Intriguing matchup; a key--the Vikings win when AP can run the ball...but the Broncos have a good defense and will, I predict, hold him down.

Dallas at New Orleans.  My pick:  COWBOYS by 3.  If the Cowboys stick to the run and their O-line performs, there is no reason Brandon Weeden can't lead them to a win vs a weak Saints defense.

Detroit at Seattle. My pick:  SEAHAWKS by 14.  The Lions are in a mess, with an offensive line that can't protect.  Not good in Seattle with the loud crowd.


No comments:

Post a Comment