Tuesday, November 26, 2013

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND FOOTBALL PICKS!

Might as well do these now, as I don't know if I'll have time as Turkey Day gets closer.
So here they are--although based on last week's record (only 5-9) my cred is a little low right now.
I'm now 87-95-2 for the year.

COLLEGE PICKS

Ohio State at Michigan.  My pick:  BUCKEYES.  Though as a Michigan fan, it pains me to say it.  Still, I just don't see any way the messed-up Michigan offense can score enough to allow Michigan to hang with OSU.

Alabama at Auburn.  My pick:  CRIMSON TIDE.  Yes, Auburn has improved a lot.  But which team has pretty much passed every test for Lord knows how long?  'Bama.  Hard to see them dropping the ball here.

NFL PICKS

DETROIT 6 over Green Bay.  My pick:  PACKERS.  And as a Lions fan, it pains me to write that, too.  But the last 2 games show it--the Lions are having problems handling the pressure.  Meanwhile, Green Bay knows how to handle the drive to the playoffs.

DALLAS 9.5 over Oakland.  My pick:  RAIDERS.  Not to win.  But to beat the spread.  The Cowboys show it over and over--they tend to play down to the level of their competition.  Dallas won a big one last week in New York.  But look for a letdown here.

BALTIMORE 3 over Pittsburgh.  My pick:  RAVENS.  This will be a hard-fought battle.  But I like the way Baltimore's defense has been playing.

INDIANAPOLIS 4.5 over Tennessee.  My pick:  COLTS.  I know--the Colts have struggle mightily lately.  But they have too much talent not to bounce back.  I think they'll do it this week at home.

Denver 4 over KANSAS CITY.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  Because of KC's injuries on defense.

CLEVELAND 7 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  JAGUARS.  Cleveland seemed to have improved earlier in the season, but I sense they've lost their edge.  And, hello--Jacksonville is playing better.

CAROLINA 8.5 over Tampa Bay.  My pick:  PANTHERS.  Yes, the Bucs have won 3 straight.  But they probably wouldn't have come close last week at Detroit were it not for the many Lions turnovers.  Now the Bucs must go on the road again, against an even better team.

Chicago 1 over MINNESOTA.  My pick:  VIKINGS.  The main problem for the Bears right now is not their QB situation.  Instead, it's their defense, and especially their very poor run defense.  Not a good thing especially when you have to go and play Adrian Peterson.

PHILADELPHIA 3.5 over Arizona.  My pick:  EAGLES.  These appear to be 2 improving teams.  Arizona's performance last week against Indy was especially strong.  But remember--you don't want to overreact to one week.  The Cardinals tend to be a better team at home.  Historically, trips to the east coast have not been easy for them.  Go with the Eagles here.

NY JETS 1.5 over Miami.  Who can figure out either of these teams?  But--this season, seems like whenever one counts the Jets out, they rise again.  And they've been a better team at home.  I like the Jets to both win and thus tease their fans once again.

BUFFALO 3.5 over Atlanta.  My pick:  BILLS.  They've played tough at home all year.  The Falcons got up for their divisional foe, the Saints, last week...but they know their season is a goner.  You have to question how motivated they'll be in the cold of northern New York.

SAN FRANCISCO 9.5 over St. Louis.  My pick:  49ERS.  St. Louis is improved.  Tavon Austin is showing himself to be a real threat.  But this week he plays a 49er team that appears to be rolling, and...one that has a much better defense.

New England 7.5 over HOUSTON.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  Houston has lost 9 in a row.  Now here comes Brady and the Patriots--and Tom won't allow a slip-up here.

SAN DIEGO 1 over Cincinnati.  My pick:  BENGALS.  Yes, Philip Rivers played brilliantly last week in KC and pulled off an upset over the Chiefs.  But a big problem for the Lightning Bolts has been their inability to showcase consistent play.  They have to come right back and play a tough Bengals team this week.  I think Cincy will win a close game here.

NY Giants 1 over WASHINGTON.  My pick:  GIANTS.  As last night's game showed--the Redskins have big problems offensively; RGIII just isn't what he was (yet).  The Giants have not quit; look for them to pull out a close one here.

SEATTLE 6 over New Orleans.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  Mainly because they're at home and will play outside--the Saints are much better at home indoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment