Friday, November 22, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!

Hey, I had yet another winning week last week--I was 9-5.
I'm now 82-86-2 for the year.  Let's keep it going!

COLLEGE PICK

Baylor at Oklahoma State.  My pick:  BEARS.  Oklahoma State has looked good lately.  They beat up on Texas last week.  They're the trendy pick in this game, therefore.  But not for me--I think the Baylor offense--and their defense too--is that good.  Go with Baylor.

NFL Picks

Pittsburgh 2.5 over CLEVELAND.  My pick:  STEELERS.  Ben Roethlisberger and co. are finally getting it going, though it might be too late.

DETROIT 6 over Tampa Bay.  My pick:  LIONS.  Yes, Tampa Bay is an improved team, but...the Lions are tough at home, the Bucs not so good on the road.  I look for Detroit to bounce back here.

GREEN BAY 2 over Minnesota.  My pick:  PACKERS.  Huh?  How can one pick the Pack when Aaron Rodgers isn't playing?  But--Scott Tolzien isn't that bad.  And the Vikings continue to go with Christian Ponder at QB, who isn't that good.

KANSAS CITY 3 over San Diego.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  KC will bounce back.  The Chargers meanwhile suffered a tough loss last week and have to go on the road yet again, in a very tough environment.  The Chargers will wear down in this game.

Chicago 1.5 over ST. LOUIS.  My pick:  RAMS.  Josh McCown and the Bears somehow got by last week...but the Rams are an improved team, and again--there's a reason McCown has been a career backup.

Carolina 3 over MIAMI.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  Look out here--yes, Carolina is much improved and could very well be a playoff game.  But this is a trap game--Carolina's coming off a tough, big, emotional Monday night game, and they have to go on the road against a Miami team that clearly has stuck together in the face of adversity and has something left.

BALTIMORE 1 over NY Jets.  My pick:  RAVENS.  Who knows with these 2 teams?  From week to week they change.  But the Ravens are at home, and the Jets last week showed that away from home, they are...well...undependable, to say the least.

HOUSTON 2.5 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  TEXANS.  Because Houston, which has lost close game after close game, is bound to win one.

Tennessee at Oakland.  Line:  pick 'em.  My pick:  RAIDERS.  Matt McGloin has given Oakland a spark.

Indianapolis 1 over ARIZONA.  My pick:  COLTS.  This is actually a very good game between 2 teams who are tough; of course, everyone knows the Colts are tough...but so are these Cardinals, whose defense is underrated.  But I think the Colts have the advantage here at QB.

Dallas at NY GIANTS.  Line:  pick 'em.  My pick:  GIANTS.  Again, with this game, and these two teams...who really knows?  But the Giants seem to have found an identity; the Cowboys haven't.

Denver 3.5 over NEW ENGLAND.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  This is the kind of game--a big contest, at home, national TV--where so often, Tom Brady absolutely shines.  Peyton Manning of course will shine too; but at home, look for Brady to get the ball last and pull out a last-second win.

San Francisco 6.5 over WASHINGTON.  My pick:  49ERS.  The San Fran defense and run game will make a big difference here; one senses disarray and a lack of cohesion meanwhile in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment