Friday, November 8, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS

NFL PICKS
I was only 5-8 last week; 65-75-2 for the year.  Ugh!

TENNESSEE 13.5 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  TITANS.  Tennessee seems to find ways to get it done in games like this.  The Jags--coming off a horrid trip to London--might just be tired and uninterested.

GREEN BAY 10 over Philadelphia.  My pick:  EAGLES.  The Pack may very well win this game.  But not by 10.  Seneca Wallace ain't no Aaron Rodgers, and Nick Foles is finding himself.

Buffalo at PITTSBURGH (no line).  My pick:  STEELERS.  Buffalo's QB situation remains muddled, hence the no line situation.  I just think Steeler pride and Big Ben will both work to get Pittsburgh a win here.

NY GIANTS 7 over Oakland.  My pick:  GIANTS.  New York and Eli Manning are slowly playing better; but a real key here is that for the Raiders, both Terrelle Pryor and Darren McFadden are banged up.  And Oakland must travel cross-country--usually not good for them.

INDIANAPOLIS 11 over St. Louis.  My pick:  COLTS.  St. Louis plays hard, but they just don't have the personnel.  Look for the Colts to control this game.

Seattle 6.5 over ATLANTA.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  I know, I know, Seattle has hard a hard time covering lately.  But the Falcons have just looked awful lately; I think they know the season is a lost one, and thus they can be overpowered in a game like this.  Look for Seattle to do that.

Cincinnat 2 over BALTIMORE.  My pick:  BENGALS.  Watch the Raven offense.  It just seems to have lost its rhythm, its ability to effectively run the ball, and to make big plays in the passing game.  Cincy is the best team in this division, and I think they'll show it here.

Detroit 2.5 over CHICAGO.  My pick: (holding my breath) LIONS.  This will be a very tough game.  It's a division game and a rivalry game.  But my sense is that Jay Cutler is kind of rushing back; he may not be ready.  Meanwhile the Lions are rested, coming off a bye week.  I think they have the weapons to take control here.

SAN FRANCISCO 6.5 over Carolina.  My pick:  49ERS.  I think Carolina is tough and much-improved.  But San Francisco is on a roll, too, and still appear to be a cut above the Panthers.

ARIZONA 2.5 over Houston.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  Houston is coming off a tough Sunday night loss; their head coach is out for a while; while the Cardinals tend to play better at home anyway.

Denver 7 over SAN DIEGO.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  Denver's lone loss of the season has been put behind them; even without John Fox, that offense can score, and one senses the team will be fine.  It's hard to pinpoint what is missing in San Diego; but something is.

NEW ORLEANS 7 over Dallas.  My pick:  SAINTS.  Too much firepower, especially in the passing game; and the Saints are really good at home.

Miami 3.5 over TAMPA BAY.  My pick:  BUCCANEERS.  I just have to believe the Dolphins are one distracted team, given all the Richi Incognito etc etc etc controversy.  And the Bucs are playing better, and have nothing to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment