Friday, November 15, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS

NFL PICKS
Hey, guess what?  I was 8-6 last week.  I'm 73-81-2 for the year.

Atlanta at Tampa Bay.  Line:  pick'em.  My pick:  FALCONS.  Yes, the Bucs finally won a game.  But don't overreact; it was a win over a Dolphins team in disarray.  I just think Matt Ryan and the Falcons have enough pride and talent left to get this one.

BUFFALO 1 over NY Jets. My pick:  BILLS.  I know, seems crazy.  But--E.J. Manuel will play for Buffalo.  They've been a tough home team this year.  When a team starts a rookie QB, like the Jets do, there are ups and downs...look for the "down" week to hit Geno Smith here.

Detroit 3 over PITTSBURGH.  My pick:  STEELERS.  I'd love to pick the Lions here, but they've been playing with fire the last couple of weeks, and you still have to fear the Steelers at home, especially coming off a win AND as a desperate team.

PHILADELPHIA 3.5 over Washington.  My pick:  EAGLES.  I know, I know, the Eagles have been terrible at home this year.  That's not going to last forever and Nick Foles has been playing well.  Philly finally breaks through at home.

San Diego 1 over MIAMI.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  Both teams with issues, obviously, but the Dolphins have more issues, not to mention lingering distractions.

CHICAGO 2.5 over Baltimore.  My pick:  RAVENS.  Josh McCown will play QB for the Bears; I know, he hasn't looked that bad...but look, he's been a backup his whole career for a reason.  The Ravens showed last week they haven't cashed it in and can't be taken for granted.  They remain a desperate team.

CINCINNATI 6 over Cleveland.  My pick:  BENGALS.  Yes, the Bengals looked so good 2 weeks ago...and then lost 2 straight OT games on the road.  But now they're back home, they are the better team here, and I look for a big bounce-back.

HOUSTON 7 over Oakland.  My pick:  TEXANS.  Case Keenum at QB for Houston hasn't looked bad; they've deserved better than they've gotten in some of the tough losses they've taken.  Look for the Texans to break through this week.

Arizona 6.5 over JACKSONVILLE.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  Arizona's defense is better than its given credit for; that D will carry the day here.

DENVER 7.5 over Kansas City.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  Not to win; I expect Denver to prevail here in a close game.   But look for the Chiefs' defense to keep this game closer than expected; the fact that Peyton Manning is kind of beat up will also contribute.

SEATTLE 13 over Minnesota.  My pick:  SEATTLE.  The Seahawks are rounding into shape, as last week's pounding of Atlanta showed.  Now this week they have another inferior team to pound on.

NEW ORLEANS 2.5 over San Francisco.  My pick:  SAINTS.  An excellent matchup between 2 good teams.  But as last week showed again, the Saints are one of the BEST teams in the NFL when they're at home.  They'll show that again this week.

NY GIANTS 7 over Green Bay.  My pick:  GIANTS.  The Packers are down to their 3rd QB--Scott Tolzien.  He actually did a creditable job last week.  But...he's their 3rd QB, and the Giants have a big edge here.

CAROLINA 2.5 over New England.  My pick:  PANTHERS.  Will Carolina be able to handle the pressure of a big game on a Monday night against the great Tom Brady?  This will be a tough battle.  But you know what will carry Carolina here?  That very, very tough defense they've developed.


No comments:

Post a Comment