Friday, November 1, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!

Last week was much better--I went 10-5.  That puts me at 60-67-2 for the year.
Let's keep the momentum going!

COLLEGE PICKS

Michigan at Michigan State.  My pick:  WOLVERINES.  I may be picking with my heart here, not my head.  Who knows.  But--in what you read this week, EVERYBODY is picking MSU...saying they're tougher, they're more physical, etc etc.  So if you're Michigan, your manhood is being challenged.  But--Michigan has a good offense that can move the ball.  Michigan has had 2 weeks to prepare for this game.  I'm not sure the Spartans' offensive woes have been fixed.  I say, the Wolverines in an upset.

NFL PICKS

CAROLINA 7.5 over Atlanta.  My pick:  PANTHERS.  Just too many injuries for the Falcons to overcome.  And the Panthers are playing solidly lately.

DALLAS 10.5 over Minnesota.  My pick:  COWBOYS.  Since the beginning of the 2011 season, the Cowboys are 16-1 in games vs teams that end up the season with a losing record.  No reason to think that will change here.

New Orleans 6 over NY JETS.  My pick:  SAINTS.  Drew Brees will throw the ball, and do it effectively.  But also continue to take note of New Orleans' improved defense.

Tennessee 3 over ST. LOUIS.  My pick:  TITANS.  Two teams with injury problems at QB.  My guess:  the Titans will do just enough here to eke out a 4 or 6 pt victory.

Kansas City 3 over BUFFALO.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  They just keep finding ways to win.  Again, I think that will continue here--especially look for KC's defense to throttle Thad Lewis and the Buffalo offense.

San Diego at WASHINGTON  pick 'em.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  Something is still just a bit off for the 'Skins.  And their defense is weak.  Look for Philip Rivers to have a good day and find a way to win.

OAKLAND 2 over Philadelphia.  My pick:  RAIDERS.  Mainly because the Eagles' QB situation seems to be in flux and a mess.

SEATTLE 16.5 over Tampa Bay.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  And the Seahawks usually cover the spread in games like this at home.  Tampa is a mess.

Baltimore 2.5 over CLEVELAND.  My pick:  RAVENS.  The Browns with Brandon Weeden just can't seem to find ways to win.  I'm not sure either team is really going anywhere--but look for the Ravens to prevail here as they usually do.

NEW ENGLAND 6.5 over Pittsburgh.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  The Steelers no longer have the playmakers on offense, or the offensive line, to hang with Tom Brady.

Indianapolis 2.5 over HOUSTON.  My pick:  COLTS.  I don't think it will be a total blowout, but you have to like Andrew Luck over an inexperienced Case Keenum.

GREEN BAY 10.5 over Chicago.  My pick:  PACKERS.  Aaron Rodgers just continues to impress with his accuracy and efficiency in execution; and the Bears will not have Jay Cutler.  Look for the Pack to roll again.

No comments:

Post a Comment