Friday, October 25, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS

Last week I was 8-8.  I am 50-62-2 for the year.
Well, at least it wasn't a losing week, exactly...

COLLEGE PICKS

UCLA at Oregon.  My pick:  OREGON.  They've been very impressive all year, though they tend to go under the radar because they play on the West Coast.  And they're very tough at home.

Texas Tech at Oklahoma.  My pick:  SOONERS.  It would be fun if Texas Tech won here; it would be a great story.  And Tech is unbeaten.  But Oklahoma would appear to me to be head and shoulders above any team the Red Raiders have played, and don't forget that Tech also has injury issues at QB.

NFL PICKS

San Francisco 16.5 over JACKSONVILLE.  My pick:  49ERS.  Another tough day for the Jags, facing a team that's way better than them.

DETROIT 3 over Dallas.  My pick:  COWBOYS.  Too often, against decent/good teams, the Lions find ways to lose.  We saw it last week--again.  Look for Tony Romo to exploit the Lions' secondary.

PHILADELPHIA 6.5 over NY Giants.  My pick:  EAGLES.  Looks like Michael Vick will play, which will greatly help Philly.  The Giants' offense, already ravaged by injuries, was further damaged this week when it was announced that center David Baas is out for the season.  Ouch.

KANSAS CITY 7 over Cleveland.  My pick:  BROWNS.  Not to win; Andy Reid and the Chiefs will find a way to win another close one.  But the Browns' defense is pretty good--good enough to keep this one close, given the Chiefs' conservative offense as well.

NEW ORLEANS 12 over Buffalo.  My pick:  SAINTS.  Buffalo has a good defense, but look for them to wear down in the second half; and also look for young Buffalo QB Thad Lewis to struggle in the loud environment Saints' fans create.

NEW ENGLAND 7 over Miami.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  The Pats' clunker of a game last week in New York surprised me.  I don't expect it to happen 2 weeks in a row, especially against the reeling Dolphins.

CINCINNATI 6.5 over NY Jets.  My pick:  BENGALS.  Geno Smith, the Jets' QB, is better than I thought.  But he's also been inconsistent.  Last week he was good.  This week look for him to come down to earth a bit against the tough Bengals.

Pittsburgh 3 over OAKLAND.  My pick:  STEELERS.  The Steelers are on the rebound.  And this week the schedule is kind--this will be a tough game, but Ben Roethlisberger will find a way to win it.

DENVER 13 over Washington.  My pick:  REDSKINS.  I think the Broncos are returning to earth a bit.  Peyton Manning is a bit dinged up; he had to miss a day of practice this week.  And the Redskins and RGIII are improving, especially offensively.  I look for Denver to win this game--but look for Robert Griffin to help put up enough points to keep the final spread under 13.

ARIZONA 2.5 over Atlanta.  My pick:  FALCONS.  A tough one; because both these teams are tough to read.  Arizona's defense is tough; but offensively they turn the ball over too much.  Not a good thing to do against Matt Ryan.

Green Bay 9.5 over MINNESOTA.  My pick:  PACKERS.  So now the Vikings are back to Christian Ponder at QB.  But his confidence is likely shaken.  Aaron Rodgers' isn't.

Seattle 10.5 over ST. LOUIS.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  No Sam Bradford for the Rams = little chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment