Friday, October 18, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!

Here they are!
Last week was another tough week.  I was only 4-9-1.  For the season I'm 42-54-2.
Lots of work to do.

COLLEGE PICKS:

USC at Notre Dame.  My pick:  IRISH.  I see Notre Dame is only a 3 point favorite.  But the Irish are coming off a good win over Arizona State, and I like them to play well here. 

TCU at Oklahoma State.  My pick:  HORNED FROGS.  The TCU offense has struggled.  But their defense is really good.  And every year it seems that Gary Patterson pulls off a win that no one expects.  I think this week is that week.

NFL PICKS

New England 3.5 over NY JETS.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  Doesn't seem to matter who they have or don't have; Tom Brady and the Pats always seem to find a way, most of the time.  Same thing here.

San Diego 7.5 over JACKSONVILLE.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  Yes, the Jags played better last week.  They were pumped up.  But beware a letdown; and don't overreact to last week.

KANSAS CITY 6.5 over Houston.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  That defense and their solid, consistent play will keep them rolling over the beat up, confused Texans.

DETROIT 2.5 over Cincinnati.  My pick:  LIONS.  They've played well at home; as long as they have Calvin Johnson, even as largely just a decoy, that offense should be able to score.

MIAMI 7.5 over Buffalo.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  They should be able to get rolling again against the undermanned Bills.  Thad Lewis last week as the Buffalo QB wasn't bad; but going on the road in the NFL is a different animal.

WASHINGTON pick 'em vs Chicago.  My pick:  BEARS.  Two teams you're not quite sure about.  But what dominates my thinking here is this:  RGIII just isn't the same, and look for the Bears to take advantage of that.

PHILADELPHIA 3 over Dallas.  My pick:  EAGLES.  Simple--the Cowboys are on the road, where they haven't played that well this season; they're injured--no DeMarcus Ware, no DeMarco Murray; and they're following a win...when they haven't shown yet they can play consistent football.  Nick Foles has played well for the Eagles.

CAROLINA 6.5 over St. Louis.  My pick:  PANTHERS.  Really both teams looked good last week; I think it's time though for the Panthers and Cam Newton to put something together--look for them to roll again.

ATLANTA 7 over Tampa Bay.  My pick:  FALCONS.  I know, Atlanta is down, and injured...but remember, they're playing the Bucs.  Matt Ryan will find a way.

San Francisco 4 over TENNESSEE.  My pick:  49ERS.  Look for Frank Gore and Vernon Davis to have good games again; perhaps the 49ers are returning to form.

GREEN BAY 10 over Cleveland.  My pick:  PACKERS.  They're the better football team; they usually take care of business at home in games like this.

PITTSBURGH 2 over Baltimore.  My pick:  STEELERS.  I'm not sure the Steelers are back; obviously for them getting a win was a big deal.  But mainly the Ravens just aren't the same; and offensively they are not clicking.  Bad news when you have to go into Pittsburgh and play a revived Steelers team.

Denver 6.5 over Indianapolis.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  This will be a competitive game with a lot of emotion; I expect Peyton Manning to play well, and I don't see the Colts offense quite being able to keep up.

NY GIANTS 3.5 over Minnesota.  My pick:  GIANTS.  The Giants aren't going to lose every game; they're not THAT bad.  And the Vikings--going with Josh Freeman so soon?  He hardly knows their system.  There are bound to be glitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment