Friday, October 11, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!

This time I'll focus just on NFL picks.
Last week, my college and pro picks combined got me a 9-8 record.
For the year, I am 38-45-1.
Still time to get over .500!!

NFL PICKS

Cincinnati 7.5 over BUFFALO.  My pick:  BENGALS.  I doubt E.J. Manuel will play for the Bills.  Even if he does,, he won't be 100%.  That Bengals defense continues to improve.

DALLAS 5.5 over Washington.  My pick:  COWBOYS.  Both teams have issues on defense.  But I continue to wonder if RGIII is at 100%; and I just don't see the Redskins being able to slow the Cowboys and Tony Romo down much.  Look for the 'Boys to outscore 'em.

DENVER 27 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  Wow--so many points; such a big spread.  Usually you stay away from that.  But the way the Broncos offense is clicking, I think they can cover this; indeed, you have to expect them to.

Detroit 2.5 over CLEVELAND.  My pick:  LIONS.  The key here is whether Calvin Johnson plays or not for Detroit.  If he does, I think offensively they will outscore Cleveland...and I'm betting, based on what I've read, that he'll play.

Green Bay 2 over BALTIMORE.  My pick:  RAVENS.  A tough one.  I think the Packers are a good team.  Are the Ravens really still the Ravens?  After that game in Buffalo a couple of weeks ago, one had to doubt.  But last week's win in Miami was impressive.  And the Ravens have played well at home this year so far.  So it could be another tough loss for the Pack, who've played a demanding schedule.

HOUSTON 7.5 over St. Louis.  My pick:  TEXANS.  I think Matt Schaub hit bottom last week.  He'll start to come out of it this week against the Rams, who have not played well on the road all year.

KANSAS CITY 9 over Oakland.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  That defense is very solid, and I think they'll be able to contain Terrelle Pryor, as well as capitalize on the mistakes made by the always-sloppy Raiders.

MINNESOTA 2.5 over Carolina.  My pick:  VIKINGS.  Seemed to me Matt Cassel gave the Vikings a spark in their last game.  They're also helped by the fact that they play the very inconsistent, can't-seem-to-get-it-together Panthers.

NEW ENGLAND 2.5 over New Orleans.  My pick:  SAINTS.  Tough one--could go either way.  But I suspect Rob Grontkowski will not play again this week; that Patriots offense is still struggling a bit.  Drew Brees isn't, and this Saints team has already won tough games on the road.

NY JETS 2 over Pittsburgh.  My pick:  JETS.  Wow.  Who'd a thunk this kind of pick would be coming down the pike at the start of this season?  But the Jets defense is tough; the Steelers just seem to be in a mess, with little improvement in sight; and did you know--the Steeler D doesn't have a single takeaway this season?  Look for the Jet defense to get more, though.

Philadelphia 1 over TAMPA BAY.  My pick:  EAGLES.  They  just seem to have so much more firepower, and the Bucs seem to be a divided team that's still all messed up.

SAN FRANCISCO 11 over Arizona.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  San Francisco will win.  But the Cardinal defense is much improved, and will keep this game closer than 11.

SEATTLE 13.5 over Tennessee.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  Seattle will bounce back after last week's tough loss; Ryan Fitzpatrick as the Titan QB will struggle against that tough Seahawk defense.

Indianapolis 1.5 over SAN DIEGO.  My pick:  COLTS.  Probably a close game, but San Diego has injuries on their O-line, and Andrew Luck will find a way to get it done late again.

No comments:

Post a Comment