Friday, October 4, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS

Here we go--last week was a GREAT week; I went 11-5-1.  Let's keep it going!

COLLEGE PICKS

Arizona State vs Notre Dame in Arlington, TX.  My pick:  SUN DEVILS.  Oklahoma last week was fast, very fast, and that hurt the Irish.  ASU has lots of speed, too.

Ohio State at Northwestern.  My pick:  BUCKEYES.  I'd love to see Northwestern win this game; it would be a great story.  But I just can't see them slowing down that Ohio State offense.

Illinois at Nebraska.  My pick:  FIGHTING ILLINI.  This game is at Nebraska and most are picking the Big Red; but this is my upset pick of the week.  Have you seen Nebraska's defense?  It's horrible.  The Illini can exploit it.

Washington at Stanford.  My pick:  CARDINAL.  You know who appears to be the best team I've seen so far this year in college?  Stanford.  Go with 'em.

NFL PICKS

Carolina 2 over ARIZONA.  My pick:  PANTHERS.  Arizona just hasn't clicked yet; Cam Newton will provide Carolina with the extra oomph they'll need.

New Orleans PICK 'EM at CHICAGO.  My pick:  SAINTS.  The oddsmakers make this one an even game.  I know New Orleans is not quite the same team on the road as they are at home, but I think Drew Brees will make the difference here.

CINCINNATI 1 over New England.  My pick:  BENGALS.  Ah, Cincy--how can you figure 'em?  They looked to be in such great shape after that win over Green Bay; but then they go and lose at Cleveland.  They're an up and down team; but they have the tools.  I see them as being up this week.

Denver 7.5 over DALLAS.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  Not in a total blowout, but I just can't see Dallas slowing Peyton Manning and that offense down (no one else has.)

GREEN BAY 7 over Detroit.  My pick:  PACKERS.  I'm a Lions fan, but--they haven't won in Green Bay since 1991; yes, Green Bay has struggled, but they've had a tough schedule and Aaron Rodgers is still...Aaron Rodgers.  He always seems to play well against the Lions.

Kansas City 2.5 over TENNESSEE.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  Tennessee has impressed this year, but...with Jake Locker hurt and the resulting uncertainty they'll have at QB, you have to go with this solid Chiefs team.

MIAMI 3 over Baltimore.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  Yes, they lost at New Orleans, but...they're tough.  And I thought the Ravens were the Ravens...but then came last week at Buffalo.

NY GIANTS 2 over Philadelphia.  My pick:  GIANTS.  Both teams are kind of a mess.  But the Giants are due.

ST. LOUIS 11.5 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  RAMS.  I've seen Jacksonville, and they truly look awful.

SAN DIEGO 4.5 over Oakland.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  Look for Philip Rivers to have another good day; he and Antonio Gates have really had a comeback season.

SAN FRANCISCO 6.5 over Houston.  My pick:  49ERS.  Houston seems to have so many tools, but...in the big games (see last week) they just don't seem to get it done.  Meanwhile, the 49ers may be getting back on track.

Seattle 2.5 over INDIANAPOLIS.  My pick:  COLTS.  Because while I have the utmost respect for Seattle, they don't...quite...seem to be the same team away from home.  Meanwhile this appears to be a good, physical Colts team.

ATLANTA 10 over NY Jets.  My pick:  FALCONS.  They'll take advantage of the mistake-prone Geno Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment