Friday, December 3, 2010

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS
Last week I went 11-7 or thereabout...let's try to do better!

NFL PICKS

New Orleans 7 over Cincinnati.  My pick:  SAINTS.  Two teams going in opposite directions...

Chicago 4 over Detroit.  My pick:  BEARS.  The Lions are at home, but...due to injury, they have to start their 3rd string QB, Drew Stanton.  Not a good thing when playing the Bears.

Green Bay 10 over San Francisco.  My pick:  49ers.  Not to win; the Pack will win this game.  But the Niners are playing a bit better, and I see 10 points as just too much for this still-banged-up Packer team to cover.

Tennessee 4 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  JAGUARS.  Jacksonville has been playing some decent football behind David Garrard.  With the Titans' unsettled QB situation, the Jags sure seem in good position to steal this one.

Kansas City 9 over Denver.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  KC put up 42 points the other week; they could do something similar here at home against Denver's porous defense.

Miami 5 over Cleveland.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  Look for Chad Henne, at home, to build on his solid performance from last week.

Minnesota 6 over Buffalo.  My pick:  VIKINGS.  It appears, based on last week, that the Vikes and Brett Favre still have some fight left in them.

NY Giants 7 over Washington.  My pick:  GIANTS.  I suspect the G-men have righted the ship.

San Diego 13 over Oakland.  My pick:  RAIDERS.  I think the Bolts will win this one, but 13 points seems too many given the Chargers' still-inconsistent level of play over this entire year.

Indianapolis 6 over Dallas.  My pick:  COLTS.  Yes, Indy looked horrible last week.  But I think they have too much character and too many winning players to pull another stinker at home.

St. Louis 4 over Arizona.  My pick:  RAMS.  Again, two teams really going in opposite directions--the Rams improving, the Cards it appears imploding.

Seattle 6 over Carolina.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  They play better at home.

Atlanta 3 over Tampa Bay.  My pick:  FALCONS.  This will be a tough battle; Tampa Bay has proven it's much improved this season.  But I think Atlanta has just a bit more oomph--the win last week over Green Bay was a big one for them.

Baltimore 3 over Pittsburgh.  My pick:  RAVENS.  Two very good, tough teams--I think the Ravens' home field advantage will give them the edge here.

New England 4 over NY Jets.  My pick:  JETS.  The Patriots have some holes, especially on defense...and I think the Jets will come in with a lot to prove, and will be able to run the ball.

In other news...

HOW TO BEAT HOLIDAY STRESS
Believe it or not, eating certain things can help:
"Enjoy a candy cane. Studies show that just the menthol smell alone will pep you up to enjoy the holiday festivities. It's also yummy for your tummy, helping to calm an upset stomach."

No comments:

Post a Comment