Friday, December 17, 2010

ANOTHER MOEBIUS HEROINE
This time from New Zealand:
"Mark and Liezel Cronje are stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Their daughter Mia has the rare neurological disorder Moebius - a condition that prevents her from showing expressions of emotion. Surgery could help Mia to smile, but is very risky.  Mark told TV ONE's Close Up there is no guarantee of success.
"There's a question whether it will leave her face lopsided, different to what it is now," he said.....Since her diagnosis, Mia has endured surgery after surgery to fix her club feet which are associated with the condition.
Like most four-year-olds, Mia loves dancing and singing. But speaking and eating are still difficult....For now Mia's on a waiting list, while her parents ponder their decision and look forward to Christmas with their "joyous" little girl.  "Mia's journey for us is really positive. It's not without hurdles, it is harder than with any other child, but what you learn from it, what you get from it, how you grow in yourself is a journey well worth living," said Liezel."

I especially liked that last line.  Welcome, Mia.

NFL PICKS
Let's see if I can improve on last week.

Cincinnati 1 over Cleveland.  My pick:  BROWNS.  The Bengals are like an old tiger trapped in a cage...

Dallas 6 over Washington.  My pick:  REDSKINS.  The 'Skins just always seem to play Dallas tough, especially on defense.

Tennessee 2 over Houston.  My pick:  TITANS.  That Houston defense just doesn't get the job done.

Indianapolis 5 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  JAGUARS.  The Jags have really come on, and are playing the best, most consistent football in the division.

Kansas City 1 over St. Louis.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  The Chiefs will rebound from last week, and their speed and defense will win them a big game.

Miami 6 over Buffalo.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  The Dolphins will build off of last week, and finally play well at home (they're certain due).

NY Giants 3 over Philadelphia.  My pick:  GIANTS.  Both teams played well last week; go with the Giants because the game will be played in the cold, windy Meadowlands.

Tampa Bay 6 over Detroit.  My pick:  BUCCANEERS.  Remember how long it's been since the Lions won a road game; and remember also that Lions backup QB Drew Stanton hasn't played well on the road.

Carolina 3 over Arizona.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  Look for the Cards to build off of last week's win.

Baltimore 1 over New Orleans.  My pick:  SAINTS.  I know this is a tough road game for the Saints, but I see the New Orleans offense coming on; while the Ravens' run game and defense seem to have declined.

Atlanta 7 over Seattle.  My pick:  FALCONS.  Atlanta showed last week that they know how to take care of business, on the road, against an inferior opponent.

Oakland 7 over Denver.  My pick:  RAIDERS.  Denver's probably close to packing it in for the season; while Oakland has been a good home team.

Pittsburgh 6 over NY Jets.  My pick:  STEELERS.  The Jets' decline continues.

Green Bay even at New England.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  My guess is that many of the injured Pats will play, and will keep dominating.

Chicago even at Minnesota.  My pick:  BEARS.  Chicago has a lot to play for; Minnesota is very, very banged up at QB.

No comments:

Post a Comment