Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SOME GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYBODY, WHETHER THEY HAVE A FACIAL DIFFERENCE OR NOT:
Chocolate lovers especially will rejoice--
"We all know that many women love chocolate. But does chocolate, in effect, love them back? Well, a new study provides new evidence that eating chocolate can protect a woman's heart.  Murray Middleman of Harvard Medical School and his colleagues studied 31,823 middle-aged and elderly Swedish women, examining how much chocolate the women ate compared with their risk for heart failure over a nine-year period.  Women who consumed one or two servings each week of what is considered high-quality chocolate because it contains a higher density of cocoa had a 32 percent lower risk of developing heart failure, the researchers reported in the journal Circulation: Heart Failure, which is published by the American Heart Association. Those who had one to three servings per month had a 26 percent lower risk."

Mmmm, dark chocolate especially is yummy stuff.

RANDOM THOUGHTS ON FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS:
Can persons with Moebius Sydrome drive a car?
Absolutely.  And we do it all the time.  I drive.  My wife drives.  Most of the adults with Moebius we know drive.  If you have Moebius, don't drive yet, but are wondering...then yes, know that you can too.  You just have to compensate for things.  I have lousy peripheral vision and can only see out of one eye at a time.  So I'm constantly swiveling my head from side to side, making sure I'm seeing everything I need to see.  When I'm on the freeway and need to change lanes, I don't just rely on my rear-view mirror...I turn my head to check for sure that there's no car beside me.  And I try to avoid difficult situations--for example, leaving a store or some place and trying to make a left turn onto a very busy street with no stoplight to help you.  I try to avoid such things.  Turn right, and make a U-turn later.  Or go to an intersection where there is a light.  So what if that takes a little longer.  It's better than an accident; that REALLY makes you lose time.

"In life, you need to be alert just in case something good does happen.  Those times when you realize that life is good only last about half a second.  They are not as sweeping or dramatic as miracles.  They can slip up on you quietly.  They can be ornery.  They can be disguised.  They can be very scary.  In your whole life you only get a total of maybe four minutes of these moments of grace.  You have to learn to grab on to and extend the moment."--David Roche, THE CHURCH OF 80% SINCERITY.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for dark chocolate! what does the study say if you have it EVERY day?

    ReplyDelete