Friday, August 13, 2010

A RANDOM THOUGHT:
It occurred to me today:  we with Moebius syndrome focus a lot on how we're different than others.  Understandably so.  We are different.

But we also are just like other people, too.  After all, we all breathe in, breathe out...right?
We want good jobs.  We want to get ahead in life.  We want to do things we enjoy.  We want to do the right thing.  We want to have significant relationships with others.  We want to marry and have children.  We want to succeed.

I think it frustrates us, and I think it isn't good for us, to pretend that the differences we have do not exist.  We must not deny them.  We must be willing to talk about them.    At the same time, we want what others want.  And we can achieve what others can achieve.  We mustn't let anyone tell us anything different.

"Whenever I have prayed for miracles, or expected miracles, or asked for miracles, I developed a frame of mind, or I should say a "frame of soul", that expected a dump truck to back up and tip a load of Lotto winnings on me.  This hasn't happened yet.  No miracle.  Hoping for miracles always makes me lazy.  And anxious.  And just a tad resentful.  And somewhat envious of people I consider unfairly rich or confident or content with life...We wish for miracles but the truth is that we have to choose and choose again, and the karmic redemptive changes come slowly and in ways we do not always understand.  The good things happen a little bit at a time; we do not always recognize them as good.  As we grow, as we accept ourselves as flawed creatures, grace is there to help us."--David Roche, THR CHURCH OF 80% SINCERITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment