Friday, October 31, 2014

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS

Last week I was 10-5; I'm now 78-49-1 for the year.

Let's keep it going!

COLLEGE PICKS

Auburn at Ole Miss.  My pick:  REBELS.  Look for Ole Miss to rebound from last week's tough loss; their defense is still really good.

TCU at West Virginia.  My pick:  HORNED FROGS.  Fear the Frog!  TCU almost outscored Baylor (not an easy thing to do); I think they will do it this time in Morgantown.

NFL PICKS

Tampa Bay at Cleveland.  My pick:  BROWNS    24-17.  If the Browns can just stay out of their own way here, they should be fine against the find-ways-to-lose Bucs.

Arizona at Dallas.  My pick:  CARDINALS     24-21.  If the Cowboys had a tough time picking up Redskin blitzes Monday night, wait until the Cardinals' blitzes.

Philadelphia at Houston.  My pick:  EAGLES   31-17.  I think Philly despite some of their struggles has too much firepower here.

NY Jets at Kansas City.  My pick:  CHIEFS   24-7.  Kansas City is playing better.  The Jets have been terrible.  I see no sign those trends will change.

Jacksonville at Cincinnati.  My pick:  BENGALS  31-10.  Another week for Cincy to heal up and get well, especially A. J. Green, against the weak, mistake-prone Jags.  How many INTs will Blake Bortles throw this week?

San Diego at Miami.  My pick:  CHARGERS    27-24.  The Chargers have lost their mojo recently, but the Dolphins have failed to be consistent too (they did not play well in their win last week).  Look for Philip Rivers to pull this one out late.

Washington at Minnesota.  My pick:  VIKINGS   20-14.  Good for Colt McCoy for how well he played last week.  Problem for him:  young QBs in his situation tend to be inconsistent.  Look for the Vikes to triumph in a close one at home.

St. Louis at San Francisco.  My pick:  49ERS  27-14.  The Niners are simply the better team, and they know they have to begin to crank it up.

Denver at New England.  My pick:  PATRIOTS   35-31.  I am kind of surprised Denver is favored here.  New England to me has shown improvement recently.  And we all know how Brady and Belichick seem to get especially ready for games like this.  Look for a Pats upset.

Oakland at Seattle.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS   20-3.  Oakland is still looking for its first win.  I don't think it will happen here; Seattle knows they have to improve...I don't see any letdown coming.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh.  My pick:  RAVENS   26-23.  Big Ben was awesome last week.  What a performance.  But the Ravens and Joe Flacco have weapons too, and I don't think Big Ben can carry his team like that 2 weeks in a row.

Indianapolis at NY Giants.  My pick:  COLTS   30-20.  I just think the Colts are the better team, despite the troubles in Pittsburgh; look for Andrew Luck to play well here.


No comments:

Post a Comment