Friday, October 10, 2014

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!

Last week was a great week--finally!  I went 15-4.
I am now 50-31 for the year.  Let's keep the good times rolling.

COLLEGE PICKS

Auburn at Mississippi State.  My pick:  BULLDOGS    37-34.  Both teams are very, very good SEC teams.  I just like Mississippi State to get the ball last and get that last score to pull this one out, late.

Ole Miss at Texas A&M.  My pick:  AGGIES   27-24.  A&M and Kenny Hill will bounce back and play a much more solid game; it won't hurt that they're back at Kyle Field, a tough place for an opposing team.

TCU at Baylor.  My pick:  UPSET ALERT--HORNED FROGS  30-27.  I'm guessing that TCU coach Gary Patterson is studying the tape of Texas' game last week vs Baylor.  Texas showed--you CAN slow down the high-powered Baylor offense.  If TCU can do it too, then I'm guessing the Frogs can score enough to pull off yet another upset.

NFL PICKS

Jacksonville at Tennessee.  My pick:  TITANS  24-17.  It doesn't appear that either of these teams are going anywhere.  But Tennessee at least has shown it can score.  Look for rookie QB Blake Bortles to struggle a bit more as he learns the ropes.

Baltimore at Tampa Bay.  My pick:  RAVENS  27-26.  Look for this to be a close game; Tampa Bay has some weapons and ability, and they've played inspired football under Lovie Smith.  But usually in this kind of game Joe Flacco finds a way to win it for the Ravens in the end.

Denver at NY Jets.  My pick:  BRONCOS  34-14.  The Jets are having their usual problems on offense; I doubt yanking Geno Smith will be the magic solution.  Meanwhile Denver's offense and Peyton Manning continue to be at a high level.

Detroit at Minnesota.  My pick:  VIKINGS  24-17.  The Lions just have too many injuries and uncertainty because of that, especially with Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush.  I expect Teddy Bridgewater to again spark the Vikes.

New England at Buffalo.  My pick:  PATRIOTS   24-20.  Hmmm...which Patriots team will show up?  My guess is the good Patriots and Tom Brady will show up enough.

Carolina at Cincinnati.  My pick:  BENGALS  31-20.  The Bengal express got a bit derailed last week; but my guess is some home cooking, plus Carolina's injury problems, will help them get back on track.

Pittsburgh at Cleveland.  My pick:  BROWNS  30-27.  Really, Cleveland should have won the first game between these two.  The Steelers just are not playing real consistent football; and Brian Hoyer sparks the Browns.

Green Bay at Miami.  My pick:  UPSET ALERT---DOLPHINS  28-26.  I dunno, just a feeling here.  The Packers looked good last week; but that was against Minnesota and was a good while ago.  Meanwhile everyone has ignored Miami's solid outing in London last week.  Miami is at home.  Could the Packers lose their edge with their long layoff from last Thursday?  That's my guess.

San Diego at Oakland.  My pick:  CHARGERS   31-10.  Meanwhile San Diego has played VERY consistent football; and Oakland is in their usual mess.  I see no reason for those trends to change here.

Chicago at Atlanta.  My pick:  FALCONS   31-30.  Hmmm.  The Bears have plenty of weapons, but they turn the ball over too much.  The Falcons have plenty of weapons...but have injuries.  But Atlanta has played well at home so far this year; look for that to continue here.

Dallas at Seattle.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS   20-13.  I expect this game to be tough and competitive; the Cowboys are doing a good job selling me--these are not the old Cowboys.  But--Seattle is really tough at home and haven't lost much from last year.

Washington at Arizona.  My pick:  CARDINALS   26-20.  Carson Palmer may well return this week, which will help the Cardinals; but even if he doesn't, I think AZ's talent and physicality will prevail here.

NY Giants at Philadelphia.  My pick:  UPSET ALERT---GIANTS   38-35.  Just a feeling--Eli Manning is getting hot.  The Giants' offense is moving better.  Philly has been inconsistent.  That can get you bit by the upset bug.

San Francisco at St. Louis.  My pick:  49ERS   24-21.  Again, this is one of those games where everyone assumes the Niners win in a walk...but I say, don't expect that.  The Rams have been in most games and their young QB, Austin Davis, has talent.  This game could go down to the wire.  But the Niners will pull it out late.


No comments:

Post a Comment