Friday, September 27, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!

I was only 4-11 last week.  Yeesh!
This week it's gotta be better!!

COLLEGE PICKS

Ole Miss at Alabama.  My pick:  CRIMSON TIDE.  This will be a closer game than some think; Ole Miss has got some good young players.  But the Tide are at home and have too much experience.

Oklahoma at Notre Dame.  My pick:  SOONERS.  I think these are two good teams; not two great teams.  ND benefited from Michigan State's offensive woes last week; this week they play a more complete team.

Wisconsin at Ohio State.  My pick:  BUCKEYES.  Can anyone slow down that Ohio State offense, whoever plays at QB for them?  I doubt Wisconsin can.

NFL PICKS

ATLANTA 2 over New England.  My pick:  FALCONS.  I saw some of Atlanta's game against Miami; thi i still a good Atlanta team, which has lost two tough games to two good teams on the road.  This time they'll triumph.

Baltimore 3.5 over BUFFALO.  My pick:  RAVENS.  My question has been--are the Ravens really still the Ravens?  The last two weeks convinces me they pretty much still are.

Cincinnati 4.5 over CLEVELAND.  My pick:  BENGALS.  This one makes me a bit nervous; these teams traditionally play close games.  But--the Bengals are the better team, and I think they'll show it.

Dallas 2 over San Diego.  My pick:  COWBOYS.  Again, the question is very simple--it's not, can the Cowboys win this game or that one?  They always "can."  But can they show consistency and play both at home and then the next week on the road???  But I suspect they've improved enough that here, they can.

DENVER 10.5 over Philadelphia.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  If that Philly offense lets Peyton Manning control the ball for close to 40 minutes, and they just might, then the Broncos will score a ton of points, and win this one in a laugher.

DETROIT 3 over Chicago.  My pick:  LIONS.  Again, nervous time--how much should we really believe in the Lions?  But the Bears are dinged up too, and the Lions will have Reggie Bush back.

Indianapolis 8 over JACKSONVILLE.  My pick:  COLTS.  The Colts showed last week in their win at San Fran--this is a tough team.  Jacksonville appears to be just bad.

KANSAS CITY 4.5 over NY Giants.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  Again, after 3 weeks, the question is--what do we know?  I think there are things we know--the Chiefs are good.  And it looks to be a tough year for the Giants.

Pittsburgh 1.5 over Minnesota (in London).  My pick:  STEELERS.  The Vikings will have to start Matt Cassel at QB this week due to a Christian Ponder injury.  I doubt it will fix their problems.  Really both teams appear to be messed up, but go with the Steelers here in a close one.

Seattle 3 over HOUSTON.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  After 3 weeks?  It appears the Seahawks are for real.

TAMPA BAY 2.5 over Arizona.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  I think Tampa Bay is confused and riven by dissension and QB troubles.

TENNESSEE 3.5 over NY Jets.  My pick:  TITANS.  Both teams are sort of pleasant surprises; but I like the Titans here--they're at home, they have a very good defense too, and Jake Locker can make things happen with his feet.

Washington 3 over OAKLAND.  My pick:  REDSKINS.  Terrelle Pryor is dinged up for Oakland.  Meanwhile RGIII says the 'Skins are close to getting things right.  Maybe they are.

NEW ORLEANS 6.5 over Miami.  My pick:  SAINTS.  Miami is a much-improved team.  BUT--have you seen how well the Saints defense is playing??  Go with Drew Brees and that newly-tough defense at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment