Friday, November 6, 2015

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!

Wow, last week I went 13-2!
That put me at 82-46 for the year.
Let's keep it going!!

COLLEGE PICKS

Some big games this week.  Here we go:

Florida State at Clemson. My pick:  TIGERS.  Everyone keeps saying Clemson's going to slip up here or there.  No sign of it yet--they have tons of speed, and that's big.  They keep rolling.

TCU at Oklahoma State.  My pick:  HORNED FROGS.  Should still be plenty of points scored here, but...I think Gary Patterson is getting that Frog defense to where it needs to be.  If so, look out Big 12.

LSU at Alabama.  My pick:  CRIMSON TIDE.  I don't think this is a lock; I expect a close game (indeed, the last time 'Bama played at home in a game they were supposed to win, they almost lost--to Tennessee of all people).  But I suspect the Tide will pull this one out in the end.

******************

NFL PICKS

Green Bay at Carolina.  My pick:  PANTHERS  24-20.  I don't think Pack fans should panic; but I think their team is entering a mid-season slump.  People have disrespected Carolina all year.  Yet they are undefeated, and have a front four that can pressure Aaron Rodgers.  Look out Pack.

Washington at New England.  My pick:  PATRIOTS  34-10.  This one should be a blowout by halftime.

Tennessee at New Orleans.  My pick:  SAINTS  30-17.  Okay, can we finally say that the Saints and Drew Brees have whatever ailed them fixed?  My guess is we can, certainly for this week.

Miami at Buffalo.  My pick:  BILLS  21-18.  Although with these two teams, who knows?  But--I suspect Miami will still be suffering a Patriots hangover.

St. Louis at Minnesota.  My pick:  VIKINGS  20-17.  A tough game to pick; two teams coming off multiple wins in a row and improving. But--while the Rams have Todd Gurley, still the Vikes have Adrian Peterson; and he'll make the difference.

Jacksonville at NY Jets.  My pick:  JETS  24-10.  Because the Jets perhaps will now be over their post-Patriots hangover (it takes a couple of weeks).

Oakland at Pittsburgh.  My pick:  STEELERS  21-17.  An intriguing game, and who'd have thought we'd have been saying that about a Raiders game this far in?  But they've improved.  Still--you have to think that Ben Roethlisberger, with a game under his belt now, will find a way to get this one.

Tampa Bay at NY Giants.  My pick:  GIANTS  28-17.  The win one/lose one Giants are due to win one; AND...look for Antonio Rodgers-Cromartie to get another pick off of the young Jameis Winston.

Atlanta at San Francisco.  My pick:  FALCONS  24-13.  Atlanta and Matty Ice have been struggling. But hey!  Going to play the Niners is a perfect tonic.

Denver at Indianapolis.  My pick:  BRONCOS 27-17.  Denver showed last week just how good they could be.  The Colts meanwhile to continue to struggle; having a weak O-line against this pass rush is not a good sign.

Philadelphia at Dallas.  My pick:  EAGLES  20-16.  Philly has had its problems. But Matt Cassel has not been the answer for the Cowboys; plus, news is earlier this week he had on a knee brace, plus now today's news has Dez Bryant feuding with the news media and new revelations about Greg Hardy.  Lots of distractions; and key--not a great QB.

Chicago at San Diego.  My pick:  CHARGERS  28-24. Two struggling teams, but if Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers get into rhythms offensively, it could be an interesting shootout and an entertaining game.  Look for the Chargers to score late and pull it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment