Friday, November 13, 2015

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS TIME!!

Last week I went 11-5...
For the year I am now 93-51.  Not bad!
Here we go:

COLLEGE PICK

I will just pick one college game this week, but it's a big one:

Oklahoma at Baylor.  My pick:  SOONERS.  Yes, I know--Baylor is about a 2 point favorite, and they are at home.  But:  Oklahoma is on a roll; they've won several games in a row and looked impressive in each one of them.  And Baylor is after all having to play their backup QB; he looked all right in his first game but this is big, big test, and I just don't see Baylor being the same team they were before their starter got hurt.  Advantage: Sooners.

*********************

NFL PICKS

Detroit at Green Bay.  My pick:  PACKERS  30-14.  The Pack has a breather, and can use it to fix some of their problems.

Dallas at Tampa Bay.  My pick:  COWBOYS 23-21.  Because probably the Cowboys are just due to find a way to win one; and probably this time it will be the young Bucs making mistakes, more so than the 'Boys.

Carolina at Tennessee.  My pick:  PANTHERS  26-20.  I don't expect this to be a blowout, despite Carolina's undefeated record; the Panthers are coming off a big home win vs Green Bay, and now go on the road to face a losing team.  Lack of focus is a possibility.  But I expect Cam Newton will find a way to win this one in the end.

Chicago at St. Louis.  My pick:  RAMS  27-14.  The Bears have a ton of injuries; and the Rams' defense should for the most part hold them in check.

New Orleans at Washington.  My pick:  SAINTS  27-24.  What can you say about either of these teams?  You're never quite sure who will show up.  The Saints blew a golden opportunity for a win last week at home against an inferior opponent; but...I'm guessing this week that Drew Brees and co will find a way to outscore 'em.

Miami at Philadelphia.  My pick:  EAGLES  30-20.  I'm not sure that everything yet is fixed in Philly with that offense, but...it does seem to be coming on and improving; and look for the opportunistic Philly defense to force Dolphin miscues.

Cleveland at Pittsburgh.  My pick:  STEELERS  20-10.  Will it in the end be Johnny Manziel for the Brownies?  Will it be Mike Vick for Pittsburgh?  In the end I doubt it will matter that much--here's a chance for the Steelers to win at home against an inferior opponent, and I doubt they'll waste it.

Jacksonville at Baltimore.  My pick:  RAVENS  28-23.  Baltimore should certainly win this game at home against an inferior opponent...but don't expect a blowout.  The Ravens' suspect defense makes sure of that; but...Joe Flacco will see to it that they score enough points to win.

Minnesota at Oakland.  My pick:  RAIDERS  24-20.  The Vikings have the superior record, but...Teddy Bridgewater was injured in the last game, and his status is questionable; the Vikings won a tough game at home last week, and now they have to go on the road to the west coast against a tougher-than-expected Raiders team.  Advantage: Raiders.

New England at NY Giants.  My pick:  PATRIOTS  31-24.  I see the Giants as being competitive in this game; they usually, historically, have played the Pats tough.  But New England and Tom Brady have not only been good, they have been very CONSISTENT...and given that, how can one pick against them???

Kansas City at Denver.  My pick:  BRONCOS  24-17.  Denver is coming off a surprising first loss at Indy.  Goes to show how difficult it is to go undefeated.  But I would expect their usual combination of running the ball and tough D to help them win out here.

Arizona at Seattle.  My pick:  CARDINALS  20-17.  Yes, the Seahawks are favored in this game and are tough at home.  But:  the Cardinals have a lot of weapons and a lot of speed, and Carson Palmer is playing well.  Meanwhile...when you see Seattle...I just don't get the feeling that offense is really clicking, and that they are playing their best.  Advantage: Cardinals.

Houston at Cincinnati.  My pick:  BENGALS  31-14.  Here's another chance, as they did last game vs Cleveland, for the Bengals to take care of business at home against an inferior opponent.  My guess is they will.


No comments:

Post a Comment