Friday, December 19, 2014

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS


Here we go!

NFL PICKS

Philadelphia at Washington.  My pick:  EAGLES   34-14.  The Eagles suffered a tough loss last week. But the Redskins are a mess.  Look for RGIII to be under pressure all day.

San Diego at San Francisco.  My pick:  CHARGERS   24-23.  Will the 49ers still play, now that they're out of the playoffs and Jim Harbaugh may be leaving.  My guess is:  yes.  But Colin Kaepernick has not played well, the Niners are riddled with injuries, and look for Philip Rivers' short passing game to help the Chargers squeak one out here.

Baltimore at Houston.  My pick:  RAVENS   24-10.  Why?  Two reasons:  it's playoff time, and the Ravens have a history of getting it done when that time comes.  Also:  Ryan Fitzpatrick is hurt; Houston must go with Tom Savage at QB.  Who?  Precisely.

Buffalo at Oakland.  My pick:  BILLS   21-10.  Why?  That Buffalo defense.  It's rock-solid.

Cleveland at Carolina.  My pick:  PANTHERS  27-14.  For the Browns, Johnny Manziel is not yet ready for prime time, and I think that will show again this week.  Meanwhile, even if Derek Anderson must again sub for Cam Newton, he has experience, and can win a game like this.

Indianapolis at Dallas.  My pick:  COLTS  31-24.  I think both of these teams are good.  But--look at how Dallas has performed, at home, coming off big wins.  They've struggled--not sure of the reason why.  But they have.  And Andrew Luck should be able to find passing openings in that Dallas secondary.

Detroit at Chicago.  My pick:  LIONS 20-7.  I think the verdict is in on the Lions' offense--it struggles to score and move the ball at times.  I suspect their offensive line is a main culprit.  But--in this game, Jimmy Clausen will make his first start for the Bears.  When was the last time he took a snap in a regular-season NFL game?  And he has to do it against that tough Detroit front 4?  The Lions defense should dominate.

Green Bay at Tampa Bay.  My pick:  PACKERS   27-21.  Green Bay has many weapons, and of course Aaron Rodgers; it should win this game.  I don't though expect a blowout--Tampa has been competitive in many of their losses, and the Pack is not the same team on the road.

Minnesota at Miami.  My pick:  UPSET ALERT:  VIKINGS  24-21.  Mainly because:  the Dolphins have regressed--their defense no longer stops the run effectively, and offensively they struggle.  Teddy Bridgewater meanwhile slowly makes progress for the Vikes.

New England at NY Jets.  My pick:  PATRIOTS  27-10.  I just can't see the mighty Patriots letting this one slip by them against the lowly Jets.

Atlanta at New Orleans.  My pick:  SAINTS   27-24.  The Saints have struggled and struggled.  Everytime I've thought they've turned a corner--they haven't.  But this time maybe they really have; and again, it's just so hard to see them losing, again, at home.

Kansas City at Pittsburgh.  My pick:  UPSET ALERT:  CHIEFS  26-24.  Why?  Again--the Steelers are another team that has been up and down.  Last week they were up; they won on the road in Atlanta.   But this week?  Plus--a big factor in several of their wins have been turnovers.  Don't look for the Chiefs to hand out many gifts; and that will help them pull the upset.

NY Giants at St. Louis.  My pick:  GIANTS   20-17.  The Giants are coming together a bit, and are still playing for their coach.  Note how well they're using Odell Beckham.  Look for Eli Manning to throw to Beckham and help the G-men pull this one out late.

Seattle at Arizona.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS   14-10.  You have to go with Seattle here; that defense...against Ryan Lindley, having to fill in for AZ at QB?  Not fair.  But i look for this to be a closer game than some think. That Cardinals defense is good.

Denver at Cincinnati.  My pick:  UPSET ALERT:  BENGALS  28-26.  Why?  The Bengals are a good holme team--13-2-1 in their last 16 games.  It's likely to be cold; Peyton Manning and that offense don't like that kind of wealther.

No comments:

Post a Comment