Friday, November 7, 2014

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!

Last week I went 10-4.
I am not 88-53-1 for the year.
Let's go!

COLLEGE PICKS

Oregon at Utah.  My pick:  DUCKS    31-14.  Utah has surprised this year and has a great defense, but I think Oregon has too much firepower.

Alabama at LSU.  My pick:  CRIMSON TIDE   24-7.  It's very hard to pick against Nick Saban; it looks like his team might be rounding into shape.

Kansas State at TCU. My pick:  HORNED FROGS   28-27.  The West Virginia game suggests:  this Frogs team might be a charmed team of destiny.

Ohio State at Michigan State.  My pick:  SPARTANS  24-21.  Look for Michigan State's defense to, just enough times, confuse the young Ohio State QB in this big game.  And it doesn't hurt that MSU is at home.

Notre Dame at Arizona State.  My pick:  IRISH  31-27.  Against Florida State, the Irish got unlucky and let one get away.  I say this time the odds are in their favor; the breaks will go their way.

Baylor at Oklahoma.  My pick:  BEARS  38-35.  Oklahoma's defense has shown it can be scored on.  Baylor will do so and out-gun the Sooners on the road, though not by much.

***************************************

NFL PICKS

Kansas City at Buffalo.  My pick:  CHIEFS   20-17.  I just like Andy Reid and Alex Smith's patient, few-mistakes approach to things; and I think the KC defense will get Kyle Orton to make a mistake or two.

Miami at Detroit.  My pick:  DOLPHINS  24-20.  I worry that the Lions will be rusty, coming off a bye; and that Miami is playing well right now.

Dallas vs Jacksonville (in London).  My pick:  COWBOYS  27-14.  I expect Tony Romo will play, but the majority of the time he'll be handing the ball off to DeMarco Murray and letting the O-line do its work.

San Francisco at New Orleans.  My pick:  SAINTS  27-23.  I just think the 49ers have lost their mojo; and the Saints are very, very tough at home.

Tennessee at Baltimore.  My pick:  RAVENS  21-16.  I look for this game to be a little closer than you might think; and this is because Baltimore is coming off a tough divisional loss last week to the Steelers, and might be flat.  But in the end the Ravens pull it out.

Pittsburgh at NY Jets.  My pick:  STEELERS   31-24.  Again, I think Pittsburgh and Big Ben will pull this one out; but look for this to be a closer game than you might think.  Again, this is because the Steelers had a big divisional home game last Sunday night, and thus might be flat.

Atlanta at Tampa Bay.  My pick:  FALCONS  34-28.  Both teams are having tough years, and have many issues; I just think Matt Ryan and the Falcons are due for a win, and here is where they'll find it.

Denver at Oakland.  My pick:  BRONCOS   34-17.  Again, it wouldn't surprise me if we see a flat, favored team here--this time the Broncos, coming off that loss in New England.  But they simply have too much firepower to lose here.

St. Louis at Arizona.  My pick:  CARDINALS  21-13.  Look for the Cardinals and that tough defense to not exactly wow folks with dazzling offensive displays, but...in the end...to win.

NY Giants at Seattle.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS  27-10.  Look for the Seahawks to start ramping things up; being at home will as always help.

Chicago at Green Bay.  My pick:  UPSET ALERT   BEARS  30-28.  Just a feeling here, but:  both teams are coming off a bye.  Everybody is ripping the Bears, their defense, Jay Cutler, etc; everyone assumes they have no chance in Green Bay, the Packers always beat them, etc etc.  But the Bears and Cutler are capable.  When they lost to the Packers in Chicago a few weeks ago, they still moved the ball for over 400 yards of total offense and lost only due to untimely turnovers.  So often in the NFL games like this, where everyone assumes a certain thing, are where the upsets come.  Let's see if this is it.

Carolina at Philadelphia (Monday night).  My pick:  UPSET ALERT #2:  PANTHERS   35-31.  Again--the Panthers with Cam Newton and co. are capable--of moving the ball, of scoring points.  They are due.  The Eagles meanwhile have to go with Mark Sanchez, who is not as terrible as some make him out to be, but...still.  He's a backup for a reason.  Look for an upset on Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment