Friday, December 20, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS

Last week';s record:  6-9.  Ugh!
Let's try to do better:

NFL PICKS:

Miami even at BUFFALO.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  Miami is playing well.  Buffalo will be without E.J. Manuel.  Go with the fish...

CINCINNATI 4 over Minnesota. My pick:  BENGALS.  Cincy has played well at home all year.  Look for a bounce-back win for them here.

KANSAS CITY 3.5 over Indianapolis.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  I think KC has righted the ship.  Indy has not played well away from home for some time.

Tampa Bay even at ST. LOUIS.  My pick:  RAMS.  Hard to go against St. Louis here, given their big win last week and being at home.

Cleveland even at NY JETS.  My pick:  JETS.  Very appropriate that this game is rated even; who can ever tell from week to week what these teams will do?  But I think the Jets at home will take this one; while Cleveland again will find a way to lose.

Dallas even at WASHINGTON.  My pick:  COWBOYS.  Time for the good side of the Jekyll and Hyde Cowboys to show up.  Although no one can be certain what either of these teams will do.

CAROLINA 2 over New Orleans.  My pick:  SAINTS.  This pick would seem to go against recent trends, I know; but I like Drew Brees' experience in a game like this.  This game basically means a division title.

Tennessee even at JACKSONVILLE.  My pick:  TITANS.  Because Jacksonville has so many injuries, mainly.  And Tennessee has continued to play hard.

Denver 13 over HOUSTON.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  That's a lot of points; but Houston appears to be mailing it in, while the Broncos have everything to play for.  Peyton Manning will get them back on track.

DETROIT 3 over NY Giants.  My pick:  LIONS.  I expect a better effort from the Giants this week, after last week's tongue-lashing from Tom Coughlin, but if the Lions can avoid a bunch of turnovers, they should prevail.

SEATTLE 11 over Arizona.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  Arizona's defense is pretty good.  This is an improving team.  Seattle will win this game; but look for the Cards to keep it close.

Pittsburgh even at GREEN BAY.  My pick:  STEELERS.  I have a feeling Aaron Rodgers won't play; and this time not having him will catch up to the Pack.

SAN DIEGO 10.5 over Oakland.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  San Diego and Philip Rivers are still in there fighting, with something to play for.  Oakland looks to be running for the bus.

New England even at BALTIMORE.  My pick:  RAVENS.  Joe Flacco again is finding ways to get it done.  New England badly misses Rob Gronkowski.

Chicago even at PHILADELPHIA.  My pick:  EAGLES.  This time that high-flying Eagles' offense won't be grounded; Chicago's defense is especially vulnerable against the run, and the Eagles have the perfect weapons to exploit it.

SAN FRANCISCO 14.5 over Atlanta.  My pick:  FALCONS.  Atlanta has not quit.  Matt Ryan can still make some plays.  San Fran will win; but I just think that somehow the Falcons will keep it close against a 49er team that might just not be in the most focused frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment