Friday, December 13, 2013

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!

I was 8-8 last week.
I'm still under .500 for the year.  Yikes!

NFL PICKS

Arizona 2.5 over TENNESSEE.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  Arizona has a lot to play for; and Tennessee is still reeling from Denver's assault last week.

ATLANTA 7 over Washington.  My pick:  REDSKINS.  2 teams playing out the string.  The Falcons have not quit and you have to admire them for that.  But I think Kirk Cousins will actually inspire the 'Skins this week.

Buffalo 2 over JACKSONVILLE.  My pick:  JAGUARS.  Jacksonville is improving quite a bit.

CAROLINA 11 over NY Jets.  My pick:  PANTHERS.  Watch out for this Carolina team, despite their loss to the Saints.  Look for the Panther defense to bedevil Geno Smith.

Cincinnati 2.5 over PITTSBURGH.  My pick:  BENGALS.  I think this Cincinnati team is coming into its own.  They won in Pittsburgh last season.  Meanwhile, that loss last week at home to Miami had to be a big blow to the Steelers' psyche.

CLEVELAND vs Chicago.  Pick 'em.  My pick:  BROWNS.  Cleveland has not quit and has been competitive.  They should have won last week in New England.  Meanwhile, Chicago has a short week and Jay Cutler--rusty, perhaps?--will start.  The Bears may find they'll miss Josh McCown.

DALLAS vs Green Bay.  Off the board.  My pick:  COWBOYS.  This game was off the board because of the uncertainty at QB for the Pack.  It appears to me Matt Flynn will still probably start.  Of course, who can tell which Cowboys team will show up.  My guess--this week, it will be the good Cowboys.

INDIANAPOLIS 5.5 over Houston.  My pick:  COLTS.  The Colts need to right the ship, and especially to get off to a faster start.  What better way to do it than to play the reeling Texans.

Kansas City 4.5 over OAKLAND.  My pick:  CHIEFS.  I think last week's win in Washington means that maybe the Chiefs are over their slump.  Look for the Chiefs' defense to give Matt McGloin problems.

New England 1.5 over MIAMI.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  New England has been playing with fire, getting off to slow starts against what appears to be inferior teams.  I think this week it will cost them.

New Orleans 6 over ST. LOUIS.  My pick:  SAINTS.  The Saints, many would say here, aren't the same team on the road.  Ah, but this game isn't outdoors--it is in a dome.  The Saints are the better team and I think they'll show it.

Philadelphia 4.5 over MINNESOTA.  My pick:  EAGLES.  The Eagles are hot.  They have speed, more than does a beat up Vikings team.  And remember, this game will be indoors--perfect for the fast-paced Eagles offense.

San Francisco 5.5 over TAMPA BAY.  My pick:  49ers.  They are the better team and I expect in the end the Niners will show it here.

Seattle 7 over NY GIANTS.  My pick:  GIANTS.  I know--upset.  I expect Seattle will win here.  But it will be a close game, closer than many think.  The Giants are tough at home.  The Seahawks may be mentally down after a tough loss at San Fran.

DETROIT 6 over Baltimore.  My pick:  LIONS.  Yes, Detroit lost last week...but in a bizarre snowstorm.  This week they're at home where their offense does play better.

No comments:

Post a Comment