Friday, September 14, 2012

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!
Well, Houif you include my college football picks from last week, I went 10-8.  Not horrible for a first week.  I'm off, however, to a bad start in week 2; I picked Chicago over Green Bay last night...didn't happen.  Let's see if I can do better:

NFL PICKS

BUFFALO 3 over Kansas City.  My pick:  BILLS.  Hard to know what to make of either of these teams; both got torched defensively last week.  I'll give the nod to the Bills since they're at home.

CINCINNATI 7 over Cleveland.  My pick:  BROWNS.  Again, two teams off to a rough start.  I like Cincy to win; but the Browns' defense will keep this one close.

Dallas 3 over SEATTLE.  My pick:  COWBOYS.  I'm amazed that this is only a 3 point spread.  I look for the Cowboys' defense to shut down the Seahawks and their rookie QB Russell Wilson.  The 'Boys should dominate here.

Houston 7 over JACKSONVILLE.  My pick:  TEXANS.  Houston may be turning into a real powerhouse.

Minnesota 1.5 over INDIANAPOLIS.  My pick:  VIKINGS.  I like Andrew Luck, and I think he's going to be good.  But Indy's defense is bad.  Look for the Vikings' Percy Harvin to have a big day.

NEW ENGLAND 13.5 over Arizona.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  The Pats' defense appears to be improved; Tom Brady and the offense still move the ball like usual; and the Cardinals historically play poorly on the east coast.  All adds up to a big Patriot day.

New Orleans 2.5 over CAROLINA.  My pick:  SAINTS.  A tough pick.  Again, two teams off to a rough start.  I was surprised at how badly the Panthers were physically whipped by Tampa Bay.  Meanwhile, obviously the Saints have issues on defense.  But I suspect Drew Brees will find a way to win this one.

NY GIANTS 7 over Tampa Bay.  My pick:  GIANTS.  The Bucs' conservative, ball-control scheme worked to perfection against Carolina.  But I look for Eli Manning to come back strong this week, and the Bucs will find that the Giants are a big step up from last week.

Oakland 2.5 over MIAMI.  My pick:  RAIDERS.  If the Raiders can just a snapper for their punt team, they'll be OK.  I fear Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins' offense has a long way to go.

PHILADELPHIA 2.5 over Baltimore.  My pick: RAVENS.  Wow.  Did the oddsmakers not watch week 1?  Joe Flacco appears to be coming into his own.  Michael Vick keeps making the same old mistakes. I really like the Ravens here.

PITTSBURGH 5.5 over NY Jets.  My pick:  STEELERS.  The Steelers lost last week, but I still saw a QB in Roethlisberger who makes lots of plays.  Look for him to make more than enough to beat the Jets, despite NY's offensive improvement.

SAN DIEGO 6 over Tennessee.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  They're at home; and the Titans have a banged-up QB in Jake Locker (who didn't look so hot even before he was banged up).

SAN FRANCISCO 6.5 over Detroit.  My pick:  49ERS.  They looked last week like perhaps the best team in the NFC; hard to pick against them in their home opener.

Washington 3 over ST. LOUIS.  My pick:  REDSKINS.  St. Louis is improved under Jeff Fisher; but do they have RGIII?  No.  But the Redskins do.

ATLANTA 3 over Denver.  My pick:  FALCONS.  I think these are two good teams.  But I think Matt Ryan, at home, will find a way to win this one; though I expect Peyton Manning to play well again.

COLLEGE PICKS

MICHIGAN STATE 6 over Notre Dame.  My pick:  SPARTANS.  I really like Michigan State here; I think their physical defense and loud home crowd will rattle the Irish a bit, who haven't seen anything like this so far this year.

Southern Cal 9 over STANFORD.  My pick:  TROJANS.  I really like USC, with all their talent, to come back strong and dominate in this one.


“And as for the final sphere of love and friendship, I can only say it gets harder once the natural communities of college and hometown are gone... It takes work and commitment, demands toleration for human frailties, forgiveness for the inevitable disappointment and betrayals that come even with the best of relationships.”--Doris Kearns Goodwin (born 1943)

No comments:

Post a Comment