Friday, September 21, 2012

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!
I'm exactly at .500 for the season.  Last week I went 7-9-2; I am 17-17-2 so far this year.  Time to get above the break-even mark!

COLLEGE PICK
I just have one:

OKLAHOMA 14 over Kansas State.  My pick:  KSU.  This team is a lot better than people think; yes, this game is at Oklahoma, but the Wildcats of Bill Snyder will at least keep it close.

NFL PICKS
You all may not believe this, because I forgot to post it yesterday, but on my sheet I did pick the Giants in last night's game against Carolina.  I thought Eli Manning would prevail in a high-scoring matchup.  It wound up being more of a blowout than I thought, but I thought the Giants would cover, given Carolina's defensive problems...and they did.  A win is a win!

The rest of the picks:

BALTIMORE 3 over New England.  My pick:  RAVENS.  Arizona exposed New England's problems on the O-line; the Ravens will exploit it.

Buffalo 3 over CLEVELAND.  My pick:  BILLS.  I think the Bills got their offense untracked last week; they have more weapons.

CHICAGO 7.5 over St. Louis.  My pick:  RAMS.  I think the Bears will win this game; but the Rams under Jeff Fisher I think are vastly improved.  They'll keep this game close.

DALLAS 7.5 over Tampa Bay.  My pick: COWBOYS.  I suspect the Bucs will try to emulate Seattle's physical play of last week; but my guess is the Cowboys will adjust, and the Bucs' defense anyway doesn't quite have the personnel to pull it off.

Detroit 3.5 over TENNESSEE.  My pick:  LIONS.  I just think the Lions' weapons (especially Calvin Johnson) in the end will prevail; though I don't expect a blowout.  Lions by 7, maybe...

Houston 2 over DENVER.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  Houston has looked very good; but they haven't played a team the caliber of Denver yet.  Peyton Manning struggled mightily on Monday night; and yet he still rallied his team to within a TD late in that game.  I don't think he'll struggle like that again on Sunday.  And the Broncos play well at home.

INDIANAPOLIS 3 over Jacksonville.  My pick:  COLTS.  The Colts showed marked improvement between week 1 and week 2; look for that to continue.

NEW ORLEANS 9 over Kansas City.  My pick:  SAINTS.  I keep going with them; and I know, their defense is horrid and 9 points is a lot for an 0-2 team.  But have you seen KC this season?  Look for the Saints to break through...at the least they can outscore the Chiefs.

NY Jets 2.5 over MIAMI.  My pick:  JETS.  The Dolphins broke through last week vs Oakland largely because they ran the ball very well; but look for the Jets to bottle that up this week, and for Mark Sanchez to do just enough.

Philadelphia 3.5 over ARIZONA.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  Hey, have you seen that Arizona defense play?  News flash:  they're good.   The Eagles are fortunate to be 2-0, given all their turnovers, etc.  I think their luck runs out here.

Pittsburgh 4 over OAKLAND.  My pick:  STEELERS.  It's tricky, because the Steelers have to travel a long way and that can affect a team.  But have the Raiders given us any reason to pick them, to think they've made any strides?  Nope.

SAN DIEGO 3 over Atlanta.  My pick:  CHARGERS.  I think these are two pretty good teams.  I'd do with San Diego largely because you have a Falcons' team coming off a Monday night game, and thus a short week; and then having to travel cross-country.  Advantage:  Chargers.

San Francisco 7 over MINNESOTA.  My pick:  49ERS.  That's a lot of points for a road team; but...how can you pick against this Niners defense, and their efficient offense?  I  can't.

WASHINGTON 3 over Cincinnati.  My pick:  REDSKINS.  I know, the 'Skins have injuries.  But--they should have won anyway last week.  And I think RGIII will make plenty of plays against the Bengals' at-times leaky defense.

Green Bay 3.5 over SEATTLE.  My pick:  PACKERS.  Make no mistake about it, I was impressed with Seattle's toughness last week.  But...this is Aaron Rodgers and the Pack we're talking about.  You have to think they'll be ready; and Rodgers will make enough plays for the Pack to cover.

"Get with it, you idiots!"--many NFL fans this year, screaming at the replacement refs as they watch the games.



No comments:

Post a Comment