Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GETTING MORE EXERCISE AT WORK
Having a hard time getting enough of a workout during non-work hours?  Want to squeeze in a bit more exercise on your lunch break or something?  This piece has some good ideas--for example:
"To build up your leg endurance, the wall squat hold is the perfect solution. For this one you want to find an empty wall somewhere in your office and then lower yourself down into the squat position. Once your knees are at a 90-degree angle with the lower back pressed into the wall, hold for 30-60 seconds.
Come up to rest, and then repeat a second and third time through."

Read the whole thing--there are lots of other good ideas there.

SHE NEVER LED WITH HER LOOKS
Check out this interview on cnn.com today with actress Lauren Graham.  She has some interesting things to say about her body and the way she looks, among other things:
"Q: If you're ever feeling down about your looks, how do you get the body confidence you need?
Well, part of my job is pretending. And I've honestly never led with my looks. I've always thought my strengths were I'm smart, and I have a good sense of humor.
I definitely struggle with feeling confident. We went to a party last night, and I always still feel like I'm in high school: "Did I wear the right thing? Do I look OK? Did I walk funny?" Like, I never feel comfortable, but I've done this for so long that I just know I'm not going to feel comfortable. That's not the real me, you know?"

See?  We know we look different, we know we have a "facial difference", and so some stare at us.  That's not always fun to go through.  It can cause confidence issues.  But one thing to remember is that even successful television stars struggle with their confidence, and worry that they don't look right or that they wore the wrong thing.  You're not alone; and I bet you that people who truly know the real you...like you.  You know I'm right. :+)

"A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire,
women will like him." -Mae West

No comments:

Post a Comment