Friday, March 22, 2013

NCAA TOURNAMENT UPSET PICKS?

Well, I always try to pick the NCAA basketball tournament and see how I can do in picking upsets.  Usually though I get slaughtered like everyone else.  Here are the upsets I picked in the first round games, some of which are done and some of which go on as we speak, or will go on tonight:

I picked 9 seed Missouri to beat Colorado State.  WRONG (ugh!)  Colorado State won.

I picked 11 seed St. Mary's to upset Memphis.  WRONG again.

I picked 14 seed Harvard to upset 3 seed New Mexico.  RIGHT!  (how about that!)

I pick 9 seed Villanova to upset 8 seed North Carolina.  Still to be played (I think Villanova's experience will help them).

I pick 11 seed Minnesota to upset 6 seed UCLA.  Still to be played (Minnesota has struggled down the stretch, but I think a new, fresh start in the tourney will help them).

I picked 11 seed Bucknell to beat 6 seed Butler.  WRONG!

Otherwise, in all other games, I'm picking the higher seeded team to win.

My Final Four is:  Michigan State, Ohio State, Miami, and Georgetown.

Overall right now I'm only 11-7; I failed to pick winners Oregon, Wichita State, Ole Miss, and Cal, in addition to what I missed above.  So don't count on my final four picks being too accurate! :+)  Maybe in games later today I'll improve.  Hope springs eternal...

1 comment:

  1. I am similarly suffering! I had New Mexico in the FINALS! Oh, we'll! I like Indiana and will admit I'm glad ND and Georgetown
    got beat!

    ReplyDelete