Wednesday, March 13, 2013

LIFE WITH MOEBIUS SYNDROME
Today I just want to quote a Facebook friend of mine.  His name is Gavin, and he lives and works in South Africa.  He has Moebius Syndrome, too; and his job has him often on the phone, dealing with customers and their issues...and of course he deals daily with his co-workers, as well.  He always comes up with very interesting takes on Moebius and dealing with life, given his experiences...especially this recent one, which I reproduce here:

"Even though I can't smile I think that I mostly come across as friendly, funny and polite. Somehow I manage to project it without a smile. It always amazes me that people who CAN smile, particularly in the service industry, don't. This leads me to believe that having the right attitude is more important than whether you can or cannot smile. And you can quote me on that! : )"

Thanks, Gavin--I will!  Because it is oh, so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment