Friday, September 19, 2014

ONCE AGAIN: FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!

Again, I will wait until some bigger college football games come down the pike before I pick more of them.  Again this week I will focus on NFL picks.  So far on the season I am just 18-16.  Sheesh!

NFL PICKS

San Diego at Buffalo.  My pick:  CHARGERS    20-17.  Buffalo is about a 2 pt favorite.  And I am impressed with a lot of what they are doing.  But San Diego REALLY impressed last week, with what they did against the Seahawks defense.  I look for Philip Rivers' experience to carry them again, in a another tight win.

Dallas at St. Louis.  My pick:  UPSET---  RAMS  17-13.  The problem for the Cowboys, for so long, has been inconsistency.  Look for that to rear it's head this week.  The Rams have a good defense.  They'll load up on the run.  And Tony Romo, who probably is not yet completely healthy, will make mistakes.

Washington at Philadelphia.  My pick:  EAGLES   34-24.  Once again the Eagles may mess around for a half or so, thus making this a closer game than it need be.  But once that Philly offense gets racing--look out.

Houston at NY Giants.  My pick:  GIANTS   17-16.  The Giants just make too many mistakes. They are not yet in sync.  BUT--the Texans are going on the road for a second straight week, and that can be tough.  And Eli Manning is too good to continue to make such mistakes.

Minnesota at New Orleans.  My pick:  SAINTS   34-10.  The Saints finally get off the ground--at home, where they're usually very good.  No Adrian Peterson for the Vikes means big trouble.

Tennessee at Cincinnati.  My pick:  BENGALS     27-13.  The Bengals are tough at home; and the Cincy defense is better than people think.  And watch Andy Dalton's throws at QB--he is sharper and more precise now than ever.

Baltimore at Cleveland.  My pick:  UPSET alert-----BROWNS 30-27.  Because I'm just not certain about the Ravens yet; and now they're on the road.  And--can you believe it?  I'm becoming a believer in Brian Hoyer.

Green Bay at Detroit.  My pick:  PACKERS    28-24.  How often lately have the Lions beaten a Green Bay team when Aaron Rodgers was healthy???  No--I can't remember that game either.

Indianapolis at Jacksonville.  My pick:   COLTS    31-17.  The Colts still have plenty of talent; this week they start the long road back from 0-2 vs the woeful Jaguars.

Oakland at New England.  My pick:  PATRIOTS    38-17.  Oakland appears to have major, major problems; meanwhile the Pats have more chances to get in shape.

San Francisco at Arizona.  My pick:  UPSET alert----CARDINALS   16-13.  I don't think the Niners are yet in good form.  Last week vs the Bears that became obvious.  Meanwhile--that Cardinals defense is tough.

Denver at Seattle.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS  28-17.  Because I don't think the Broncos will have that defense figured out yet; not to mention the advantage Seattle has at home.

Kansas City at Miami.  My pick:  DOLPHINS   23-17.  I think the Chiefs, with all their injuries and problems, are taking a step back.  Miami will benefit.

Pittsburgh at Carolina.  My pick:  PANTHERS  24-10.  That Carolina defense is really good; and look for Cam Newton to show more improvement.

Chicago at NY Jets.  My pick:  JETS   30-27.  You know, I know they lost last week, but I saw real improvement in that Jets offense with Geno Smith.  Look for the Bears to have trouble being on the road for a second straight week.

No comments:

Post a Comment