Friday, September 12, 2014

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!!!

Here they come again!!  I was only 9-7 last week.  Time to improve.

NFL PICKS

Miami at Buffalo.  My pick:  DOLPHINS.  Both teams won in week 1.  I was impressed with Miami's defense; look for them to control Buffalo's ground game.  MIAMI 17  BUFFALO 10.

Jacksonville at Washington.  My pick:  REDSKINS.  Both teams winless; the Redskins looked particularly bad last week in Houston, hardly daring even to have RGIII throw the ball downfield.  But I think Washington has too much talent, and RGIII has too much talent, not to improve some this week.  WASHINGTON 27  JACKSONVILLE 21.

Dallas at Tennessee.  My pick:  TITANS.  I pick it that way not because I expect Tony Romo to struggle again as he did against the 49ers.  I don't.  Romo has a history of bouncing back after tough games, and I expect that to happen again.  But--I was impressed with Tennessee's defense last week.  It's that defense that will give Romo a tough time, and look for the Titans' receivers to exploit the Cowboys' secondary.  TENNESSEE 24   DALLAS 20.

Arizona at the NY Giants.  My pick:  CARDINALS.  Traditionally it's been tough for the Cardinals to travel to the east coast, and play well.  But that Giants' offensive line is not good.  And the Cardinals have more talent.  ARIZONA 16  NY GIANTS 13.

New England at Minnesota.  My pick:  PATRIOTS.  Obviously the Patriots struggled last week more than most of us thought.  But given their history, their coach, and their QB, I have a hard time believing they won't improve in week 2.  The Vikings benefited last week from playing a St. Louis team that lost their starting QB, and then the backup.  They won't get that kind of break this week.  NEW ENGLAND 26   MINNESOTA 20.

New Orleans at Cleveland.  My pick:  SAINTS.  New Orleans took a tough loss last week.  Their defense obviously has work to do.  But Drew Brees and that offense was in good form; and I don't think the Browns will be able to keep up with that Saints offense.  NEW ORLEANS 34   CLEVELAND 24.

Atlanta at Cincinnati.  My pick:  BENGALS.  These are two improved teams.  But this is a tough test for Atlanta; they won a big divisional game last week at home, but now they have to go on the road against another tough opponent.  That's often tough to do in the NFL.  And I was impressed with Andy Dalton and the Bengals last week; they showed real toughness.  CINCINNATI  24   ATLANTA 17.

Detroit at Carolina.  My pick:  LIONS.  Maybe I'm getting way carried away.  But if Matthew Stafford continues to play well, it's hard to stop that Lions' offense.  And I think their defense can at least slow down the somewhat beat-up Cam Newton.  DETROIT  28   CAROLINA  24.

St. Louis at Tampa Bay.  My pick:  BUCCANEERS.  Mainly because the St. Louis QB situation is in such tough shape; plus, TB is at home.

Seattle at San Diego.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS.  Wow--what an interesting matchup and potentially outstanding game.  I think San Diego has a chance to be good.  But how can you pick against Seattle, given how good they looked in week 1?  They still look like the best team.  SEATTLE  24   SAN DIEGO 20.

Houston at Oakland.  My pick:  RAIDERS.  Just a hunch.  I am still not sold on the Texans' QB situation.  And the Raiders can be tough at home.  OAKLAND  17  HOUSTON 13.

NY Jets at Green Bay.  My pick:  PACKERS.  Most still think Green Bay is the team to beat in the NFC North, and I'd have to agree.  Aaron Rodgers will get it going at home, where the Packers usually play well.  GREEN BAY 31   NY JETS  20.

Kansas City at Denver.  My pick:  BRONCOS.  I look for Denver to win big here.  KC I think will take a step back; their offense isn't in sync and their defense has injuries.  Meanwhile, Peyton Manning keeps that Denver offense humming.  DENVER 38  KANSAS CITY 17.

Chicago at San Francisco.  My pick:  49ers.  The SF defense played well last week, but Colin Kaepernick made things happen too.  Look for the Bears to have a hard time controlling the Niner QB.  SAN FRANCISCO 30  CHICAGO 17.

Philadelphia at Indianapolis.  My pick:  COLTS.  Both these teams had a hard time getting off the ground last week.  Look for both offenses to execute better; and Indy at home will make just one more play late and eke this one out.  INDIANAPOLIS 34  PHILADELPHIA 31.


No comments:

Post a Comment