Friday, September 11, 2015

FRIDAY FOOTBALL PICKS!

As all of you know, I love football...and so, while we often deal with serious issues on this blog, during football season on Fridays we take a day and just deal with fun stuff.  Like picking football games, and seeing how often I can be right.  (usually not often enough).  Here we go:

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS

Oregon at Michigan State.  My pick:  SPARTANS.  MSU is at home; they've been gunning for this game for a long time; they showed last January that they could beat a fast, run-and-gun bunch when they upset Baylor in their bowl game; and no Marcus Mariota anymore for Oregon.

LSU at Mississippi State.  My pick:  BULLDOGS.  LSU is supposed to be good.  They are ranked 14th; Mississippi State only 25th.  But I like MSU; note--they have played a game.  LSU has not.  Watch out for some LSU rust.

*************************

NFL PICKS

Green Bay at Chicago.  My pick:  PACKERS 30-20.  Aaron Rodgers always seems to dominate the Bears.

Kansas City at Houston.  My pick:  CHIEFS  23-20.  A close one; but I like how Alex Smith seems to be progressing in Andy Reid's system; look for the Chiefs' offense to progress as well.

Cleveland at NY Jets.  My pick:  JETS  24-14.  Another McCown will be at QB for the Browns; that just can't be good.

Indianapolis at Buffalo.  My pick:  COLTS 27-24.  I expect the Bills to be better this year, as most do...but the Colts still have a big advantage at QB in having Andrew Luck.

Miami at Washington.  My pick: DOLPHINS   27-14.  Did you see the Redskins' O-line in the pre-season?  Not good.  And they have to face an improved Dolphins defense.

Carolina at Jacksonville.  My pick:  PANTHERS  20-17.  I suspect Jacksonville will improve this year, but...how much?  How soon?  Safe bet here is that Cam Newton will make enough plays in this one to pull Carolina through.

Seattle at St. Louis.  My pick:  SEAHAWKS  23-17.  Same thing here--I expect the Rams to improve.  But we haven't seen it yet; meanwhile, the Seahawks are the Seahawks.

New Orleans at Arizona.  My pick:  SAINTS  28-27.  The line has Arizona by 1; but I have a feeling the Saints are an improved team, and that Drew Brees will lead them to a late score in this one and a close win.

Detroit at San Diego.  My pick:  CHARGERS 24-21.  I don't like to pick against my Lions.  But Philip Rivers finds ways to win at home.

Tennessee at Tampa Bay.  My pick:  BUCCANEERS  17-14.  The battle of 2 rookie QBs.  Look for them both to struggle early--this is the NFL.  But the Bucs are at home...

Cincinnati at Oakland.  My pick:  BENGALS  28-13.  The perpetually-struggling Raiders now have a new coach, too; look for them to struggle early.

Baltimore at Denver.  My pick:  RAVENS  27-23.  Denver's offense seemed to be struggling in the pre-season, and I worry that it is not yet in sync.

NY Giants at Dallas.  My pick:  COWBOYS 30-24.  I suspect the Cowboys might not be quite as good as everyone thinks--losing DeMarco Murray is a big blow.  And the Giants might not be as bad as some think.  But the Cowboys will have enough to get by here.

Philadelphia at Atlanta.  My pick:  EAGLES  31-27.  Look for this to be a track meet; but I like that Philly offense.

Minnesota at San Francisco.  My pick:  VIKINGS  19-16.  Adrian Peterson will give the Vikes just enough punch to get over the hump.

No comments:

Post a Comment