Monday, August 5, 2013

I WAS GONE OVER THE WEEKEND...

...to Washington, DC, where we had out one face to face meeting of the year of the board of the Moebius Syndrome Foundation.  It was a great weekend, and I was glad to spend it with people whom I'm glad to say are both my board colleagues, but also my friends.  So, what about our meeting?  I can tell you this much:

1] All of us from the meeting came away energized and more determined than ever to keep working for the cause.  As my friend and fellow board member Roland Bienvenu always says, it's a labor of love.

2] The Washington DC and Bethesda area will be a terrific area in which to hold the 2014 conference.  There's so much to do!  Even if you've been to the area before--and let's face it, many have--I guarantee you, you have not exhausted all the things you can do.

3] There are of course many things to do to prepare for conference 2014.  I promise all of you, though, that preparations continue apace for it and a lot has already been done.  Our hosts in 2014 are of course Jacob and Nina Licht, and they are doing a tremendous job.  The preparations will continue, and I think all of you will be impressed with the final outcome.

4] All of us on the board then have been to the hotel where the conference will be.  I think it's going to be an excellent venue.  It is clean, it is spacious, it's bright, it's cheerful, it's got an excellent staff, and good facilities.  It's in an area of North Bethesda that has several good restaurants and other attractions around it, and the hotel is literally a stone's throw from the DC Metro rail line; if you want to go into DC, for example to the National Mall, there's a way to get there from the hotel that won't require a car, and won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Conference 2014 is a little less than a year away now, and I just know it's going to be great.  Join us in July 2014!!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm really excited! not only for the conference, but i'm hoping you and the missus want to have drinks with us again! :D

    I've never been to DC, but i'm also Canadian - so i guess i better brush up on my American History, either that or Watch Night at the Museum 2. ;)

    ReplyDelete