Monday, May 13, 2013

FINALLY...
...as I mentioned today on Facebook as well, I can finally kind of poke my head out of my metaphorical hole and look around.  I've been busy grading final exams and doing final grades for all the classes I teach for the past week, so it's been hard to do anything else besides that.

But finally today it's all done.  And I guess, in thinking about this today, it led me in a familiar direction, but still one worth stressing again.  Which is:  the good thing that so many of us adults with Moebius have is simple:  we're not simply just about Moebius.  (although that is certainly an important part of our lives)  Rather, we have lives outside of Moebius.  We have real jobs.  We have marriages, children, lives.  Sometimes I can't even do this blog quite as often as I'd like to, simply because I'm so busy with teaching, grading, and family responsibilities.  And of course that's the way it goes sometimes, and I know all of you out there understand.

But for all of you Moebius moms and dads out there--for all of you who have children with Moebius Syndrome--look at it this way:  this is a good thing.  Because all of you maybe worry a little about your kids, right?  What will happen to them when they grow up?  Well--if you support them, and try to show them the way to be independent, then they too will have lives.  They'll have jobs, and relationships, and all the rest.  At times they will be very busy.  At times they will be stressed.  But they'll also have the joy of...well, living life. 

We adults with Moebius are real people, who have to go through a lot of the same things that those who DON'T have Moebius have to go through.  But you know what?  We wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment